For all event details, visit vancouver.startupweekend.org
May 28 - Startup Methodologies Bootcamp
- This ticket applies to those who wish to take a lean startup methodologies crash-course with acclaimed professor, Evan Hu.
- It will be held on Tuesday, May 28, 6pm-9pm, at the Launch Academy.
- 300 – 128 West Hastings Street
May 30 - Pitch Like a Pro Workshop
- This ticket applies to those who wish to perfect their elevator pitch, with local entrepreneur and Startup Weekend 2011 winner, Alexandra Greenhill of MyBestHelper
- It will be held on Thursday, May 30, 6pm-9pm, at the Launch Academy.
- 300 – 128 West Hastings Street
- This ticket type applies to software engineers/coders/developers - in short, anybody who can and will write code.
- This ticket type applies to anybody with a background in design (graphics, UX/UI, etc.)
- This ticket type applies to business, marketing & PR, and anyone with a non-technical background.
- This ticket applies to engineers and hackers, be it electrical, mechanical, or bio-tech.
Sunday Presentation Audience
- This ticket applies to people who wish to come in Sunday evening and watch the final project presentations (5pm-9pm).
- The final presentation will take place at a different venue to be announced soon.
Refund Policy: No refunds will be granted within 7 days of the event if food and drink have already been ordered. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
About Startup Weekend: Startup Weekends are 54-hour events designed to provide superior experiential education for technical and non-technical entrepreneurs. Beginning with Friday night pitches and continuing through brainstorming, business plan development, and basic prototype creation, Startup Weekends culminate in Sunday night demos and presentations. Participants create working startups during the event and are able to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks. All teams hear talks by industry leaders and receive valuable feedback from local entrepreneurials. The weekend is centered around action, innovation, and education. Whether you are looking for feedback on a idea, a co-founder, specific skill sets, or a team to help you execute, Startup Weekends are the perfect environment in which to test your idea and take the first steps towards launching your own startup.
When & Where
Techstars Startup Programs
Techstars is a global ecosystem that empowers entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to market wherever they choose to live. With dozens of mentorship-driven accelerator programs and thousands of community programs worldwide, Techstars exists to support the world’s most promising entrepreneurs throughout their lifelong journey, from inspiration to IPO. Techstars provides access to tens of thousands of community leaders, founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners, allowing entrepreneurs to accelerate the pace of innovation and do more faster. Techstars supports every stage of the entrepreneurial journey – from early stage grassroots community development to more formal opportunities that provide education, experience, acceleration, funding, and beyond. Techstars Startup Programs include Startup Weekend, Startup Digest, Startup Next, and Startup Week.