Jersey City, NJ - 8 HSW and 1 GBCI Credit Hours
- Business & Professional
- Saint Peters University - Dinneen Hall - McIntyre Conference Center - FREE PARKING, Jersey City NJ
'Continuing Education & Networking Event'
July 23, 2014
7 AIA HSW Credit Hours | 7 Core LU
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
1 LEED Specific BD+C CE Hour
8:00 AM Registration Begins
Morning pastries, fruit and coffee served
8:30 - 9:30 AM
Improving Energy Efficiency and Air Quality with HVAC Duct Sealants
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour | AIA Course #: ICH23A
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Carlisle Hardcast
Presenter: Tim Eorgan
Describe environmental concerns over energy issues and explain how HVAC air leakage contributes
to these concerns. Describe the reasons why sealing ductwork is critical to maximizing HVAC system efficiency. Explain duct sealing options and list the advantages of each. Describe how sealing ductwork can improve indoor air quality.
1. Describe environmental concerns over energy issues and explain how HVAC air leakage
contributes to these concerns.
2. Describe the reasons why sealing ductwork is critical to maximizing HVAC system efficiency.
3. Explain duct sealing options and list the advantages of each.
4. Describe how sealing ductwork can improve indoor air quality.
9:40 - 10:40 AM
Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Fiction?
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISF07A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Harry Lubitz
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on rooftops of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention, as well as the do's and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site specifics.
1. Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
2. Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices
3. List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention
4. List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
5. Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing performance
6. Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards
10:50 - 11:50 AM
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: SDR 113
Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Richard Stever
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been proven to perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality installations and long term service life.
12:00 PM Lunch Sponsored by Greg Trimboli with Dynamic Closures
1:00 - 2:00 PM
Locker Solutions for Every Place and Purpose
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISP10E
AIA Provider:Scranton Products
Presenter: Chris Vermette
Lockers come in many shapes and sizes. In this one hour course, we will discuss uses for lockers,
material choices and accessories. We will learn about ADA compliance and sustainability as it relates to lockers, and we will take a look at different options that add to the visual appeal, and options that make for an easier user experience.
1. Compare and contrast different material types for lockers in terms of their makeup, maintenance,
life span, and sustainable benefits to occupants and the environment
2. Identify different applications for HDPE plastic lockers and discuss design options that make them
more user-friendly, ADA compliant, and aesthetically pleasing to end users based on those
3. Identify the health and environmental benefits of specifying HDPE plastic lockers made from 100%
4. Discuss fire code compliance of lockers and explain the importance of recognizing NFPA 286.
2:10 - 3:10 PM
Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Kevin Martin
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a
project earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
3:20 - 4:20 PM
The Role Of Dynamic Glazing In Driving Energy Efficiency In Buildings
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IRA08A
1 GBCI CE Hour | GBCI Course ID: 0090009729
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Chris Ketchum
Course Description: This one hour course about dynamic glazing will discuss what dynamic glazing is, what its purpose is and why it is beneficial. You will learn about various types of dynamic glazing and how they contribute to energy reduction and LEED certification.
1. Define and identify the different types of dynamic glazing.
2. Compare and contrast the different types of dynamic glass with standard commercial glazing
3. Explain the improvements to energy performance, indoor environmental quality and LEED
certification when incorporating dynamic glazing into a project.
4. Describe how to evaluate and specify dynamic glass.
4:30- 5:30 PM
10 Things You Need to Know about LEED® v4
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: GCE00D| GBCI ID: 0090010451
1 GBCI LEED Specific BD+C CE Hour
1 GBCI LEED Specific General CE Hour
AIA Provider: GreenCE
Presenter: Glen Phillips
Grow your insights into the new LEED® v4 rating system. We explore the fundamental concepts
behind the development of LEED® v4, including the expansion of the system into new market
sectors as well as internationally. This session explores the goal of improved environmental outcomes
for buildings, the addition of a new credit category, and why the shift to building materials transparency. Participants will leave with a firm understanding of why and how the LEED® green building rating system has evolved.
1. Describe the evolution of LEED® and critical dates for implementation.
2. List the four main components that make up the framework for LEED® Version 4.
3. Compare the structure of LEED® v4 rating systems to earlier versions of LEED®.
4. Explain the concept of product transparency and how LEED® v4 rewards transparency
This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.