Saturday, March 23, 2013 from 5:30 PM to 11:00 PM (EDT)
We are excited to present our first ever Valentine's Vamp, a formal (black tie, business attire or fiercely fashionable haute couture dress code) gala-styled fundraiser to be held Saturday, February 9, 2013 (postponed to MARCH 23 due to snowstorm) at 7pm, with an open bar Cocktail Hour at 5:30 pm. This fun-filled evening of delicious food from Joe's Place, great music by DJ Steve Sidewalk, DJ TK, DJ Michael Hades, and Sir Ari Gold, dancing, entertainment, will even feature a very special bachelor(ette) auction!
If you wish to come but cannot afford to pay full price for a ticket, please call or e-mail Peter (make sure you leave your contact info so we can get back to you) with the amount you can afford and he'll work with you: firstname.lastname@example.org or (914) 417-9579.
Attendees to the Valentine's Vamp will be delighted by wholesome food provided by Joe's Place. VIP ticketholders will enjoy an open bar throughout the evening (of the sponsored liquor), as well as hosted service in the special VIP-only balcony. The door will be managed by Miss Muscles and international fashion and lifestyle photographer Rob Ordonez will provide a photographic journal of the evening's festivities.
The 5:30 pm VIP cocktail "hour" will feature not only an open bar but will dazzling performances by Lovari, Athena Reich, Sissy Van Dyke, PVaz, Ms. Appolonia Cruz, Tym Moss, Diva Jackie Dupree, Lady Clover Honey, Andrea Alton (Molly Dykeman), Spicky Hilton, Cisco Perez, T'Lifah Tigerss, and Jay Edwards (Mr. Stonewall Cub)! VIP ticketholders will continue to be entertained in the VIP-only balcony with live performances at 7pm by Lovari, Andrea Alton as Molly Dykeman, Tym Moss, Lady Clover Honey, Justin Utley, Spicky Hilton, Barnacle Bill, Sissy Van Dyke, PVaz, Cisco Perez, and Diva Jackie Dupree until the main event begins around 8pm.
Entertainment during the main event, which will start around 8pm, will be provided by Ms. Appolonia Cruz, Tym Moss, Sissy Van Dyke, Jay Edwards, Lovari, Lady Clover Honey, PVaz, Laritza Dumont, Justin Utley, Diva Jackie Dupree, Barnacle Bill, Spicky Hilton, Cisco Perez, L'Tifah Tigerss, Molly "Equality" Dykeman, DJ Steve Sidewalk, and DJ TK.
The glamorious international drag sensation Appolonia Cruz will co-host the evening, along with the famed fabulous drag diva artist Lady Clover Honey (whose versatility extends from the silver screen to the stage to radio to Gracie Mansion to the Chelsea Piers), while Master of Ceremonies Tym Moss (host of Artists Exposed) will auction off the following bachelors and bachelorettes, as well as entertain us with a song or three:
- Sir Ari Gold, Bronx native, award-winning, Billboard Chart-topping recording artist, producer & DJ
- Adam Barta, Bronx native, Top 20 Billboard chart-topping recording artist with the #1 Ultimate Sexiest Video Of All Time on LOGO
- *Sissy Van Dyke, blogger and stand-up comic raised in The Bronx
- Justin Hernandez, Bronx native, writer, author of Inside the Vortex, blogger for Naked in New York City, and Huffington Post Gay Voices contributor
- *Ms. Appolonia Cruz, international drag performance superstar from The Bronx
- *L'Tifah Tigerss, drag performer and healthcare professional
- *Barnacle Bill, Bronx native, soul-folk-reggae singer and poet, recipient of the Fresh Fruit Spirit Award and the Excellence in Live Performance award
- *Lovari, award-winning recording artist & SAG/AFTRA member (Law & Order: SVU regular), and movie producer
- *Justin Utley, award-winning singer/songwriter, OUTMusic Awards Best Folk/Country Song of the Year, Inspirational Award recipient (FBI LGBT Division), 2002 Winter Olympics featured performer
- *Athena Reich, original award-winning singer/songwriter, actor, TV personality, Lady Gaga impersonator, and music & acting coach. She's throwing in some of her CDs to the winner, too!
- *PVaz, pop artist & TV personality
- Yetta Kurland, Esq., civil rights attorney, candidate for NYC council & talk radio show host
- *Andrea Alton as Molly "Equality" Dykeman, Actor/Writer/Producer at Molly Dykeman Productions; member, SAG/AFTRA
- Jason Hellinger, director of digital media & events, Inked Magazine; nightlife promoter & personality
- King Ralphy, Multi-label Recording Artist, Promoter, DJ (resident DJ at Radio FG USA), M.C., Publicist, Social Networking Director, Marketing & Promotions Director
- *Jay Edwards, Mr. Stonewall Cub 2011 - 2012
- JC Alvarez, Nightlife Editor Edge Media Network; writer/producer personality; on-air host, Talking About and Out Loud & Live
- *DJ Steve Sidewalk, one of NYC's most-booked and in-demand DJs
- TAYLOR, Native American Indian Actor, Artist, and Poet (Featured in The Brave One, The Other Guys, The Backup Plan, Gossip Girl, Law & Order: SVU & Blue Bloods)
- *Cisco Perez, singer, actor, lyricist, and aspiring playwright; member of the Bronx Academy of Arts and Dance (BAAD). He will be auctioned off with his fiancée, Luis A. Cruz (as a couple).
- Scott Wooledge, Front Page Blogger for The Daily Kos, Magazine Industry Professional, LGBT Activist, Netroots Impressario
- Michael J. D. Warner, Group G3 founder, entrepreneur, ex-Wall Street tycoon & go-go dancer!
- *Tym Moss, musician, actor, producer, & radio show host
- Rob Ordonez, international fashion/lifestyle/portrait/animal photographer, actor, and Mr. Paddles 2013
- Sue Sena, president & co-founder, Swish
- Jenna Fox, international activist; author; SAG/AFTRA actor, director, and producer; award-winning recording artist; founder of The "bird-e" E-watch; TV/radio personality; co-founder, Celebrity Donate A Day Campaign; founder, STOP! Gender & Sexual Violence Campaign; and DJ
- Tee Star, counselor, youth advocate & community activist
- *Lady Clover Honey, a Lady with an abundance of sweetness, a versatile entertainer with a spicy side to her, and correspondent to Under The Pink Carpet
- *Yuhua Hamasaki, glam & fierce drag entertainer, reigning Miss Fire Island & Miss Stonewall
- *Laritza Dumont, LGBTQ activist, NYC's #1 Latin Bombshell, Hostess at The Monster, and SAG/AFTRA member (Sex In The City, To Wong Foo, Law & Order, Sopranos)
- *Diva Jackie Dupree, drag performer, vocal/recording artist, and record label producer
- *Spicky Hilton, drag performer and vocal artist
* Denotes performance by the auctionee during the Cocktail hour, VIP hour and/or the main event/auction.
The Valentine's Vamp will be held at Club Rebel, 251 West 30th Street in Manhattan (between 7th & 8th avenues).
The Valentine's Vamp will benefit the new Bronx LGBTQ Center in The Bronx, which is in the process of raising the funds required to open in a new space. Please contact email@example.com for more information, or call (914) 417-9579.
Please Note: This information is subject to change at any time .
When & Where
The LGBTQ Community Services Center of The Bronx, Inc.
The Bronx LGBTQ Center is a New York State membership-based not-for-profit corporation with 501(c)3 exempt status from the IRS building a new community services center for LGBTQ and supportive individuals in the Bronx, lower Westchester, and upper Manhattan. It offers supportive services (such as a free legal clinic, youth groups, and other support groups), social, recreational, business, artistic, and cultural events and programs. The Center partners with other community-based organizations to provide clinical and health-related services to the community. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 347-LGBT-BX1, or visit us online at http://bronxlgbtqcenter.org, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/bronxlgbtqcenter, on Google+ at http://google.com/+BronxlgbtqcenterOrg, on Twitter at @BxLGBTQcenter, and on Instagram at @BxLGBTQcenter.
We are diligently working toward raising the funds necessary to secure an operating space and begin serving the needs of our communities within The Bronx and surrounding areas. The monies raised by our events will be used in furtherance of our mission, which is stated in the first paragraph.
We are actively seeking people interested in helping us serve the community and need as much help as possible. Please contact our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com if you'd like to help out, or call (347) 954-9056.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. WHO IS GETTING THE MONEY?
A. The money goes to the new Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Community Services Center of the Bronx, Incorporated (d/b/a Bronx LGBTQ Center), the corporate entity that was formed in order to set up and operate the new community services center in The Bronx. All funds will be used in furtherance of the Bronx LGBTQ Center's mission. We will comply with all local, state, and federal laws ensuring accountability. We operate in an open and transparent manner (our board meetings are broadcast live on the Internet and archived on YouTube for anyone to see at any given time.
Q. IS THE CENTER REGISTERED?
A. Yes, we are a incorporated as a membership-based New York State Not-For-Profit corporation with 501(c)3 tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service. We also are registered with the NYS Charities Bureau, governed by all the applicable laws of such non-profit organizations operating in New York State.
Q. WHAT IS YOUR MISSION/PURPOSE?
A. The purpose of the Bronx LGBTQ Center is to provide a safe space for all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) and LGBTQ, supportive individuals in The Bronx and surrounding areas (upper Manhattan, lower Westchester County); to meet, gather, socialize and receive support and services; to provide a safe space for other, licensed organizations to provide support and services to LGBTQ and LGBTQ-supportive individuals, to do everything normally associated with a community services organization, and for any other lawful, charitable purpose(s) in accordance with the provisions of these Articles of Incorporation and the By-Laws of the Corporation in which the Members and/or Board of Directors of the Corporation so elect.
Q. WHY IS THERE NO SPACE?
A. We are a new organization currently in the midst of raising the funds required to open in a new space, which as describe above requires between $100-$250k.
Q. HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED/HELP OUT?
A. Contact us here on this page (send us a message), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (347) LGBT-BX-1.
Q. WHAT'S THIS ABOUT MEMBERSHIPS?
A. The new Bronx LGBTQ Center is a membership-based organization. Individuals and Families can purchase an annual membership in the Center, which gives them the right to vote during annual membership meetings and raise member items, very similar to how a shareholder votes for the board of directors and can create a shareholder derivative action in publicly-traded companies.
Additionally, New York State law allows for organizations, businesses, and corporations to purchase an annual membership. More information about Memberships, pricing, types, levels, and amounts will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.
Q. WHY ARE TICKETS SO EXPENSIVE?
A. These expensive events are fundraisers, not just a party for everyone to attend. In order to raise the monies required to build and operate a new community services center that will serve the needs of the LGBTQ community, we need money to cover all of our expenses and also to ensure our operational survival.
It will take approximately $100,000 - $250,000 to open and fund a new center for one year. That is the amount of money we need to raise before opening in a new space. This does not include any payments to employees; it is just for rent, utilities, equipment, and other expenses in beginning to provide services to the community, all of which are additional expenses that must be paid as well.