21st Annual Vailsburg Day Awards Banquet
- Charity & Causes
- North Star Academy Vailsburg Campus, Newark NJ
The Vailsburg Day Awards Banquet is a time-honored tradition where residents and supporters come together to celebrate community accomplishments. On Saturday, April 20th at four o’clock in the evening, Unified Vailsburg Services Organization (UVSO) will join nearly 400 residents in celebrating Unified Hearts of Vailsburg.
Vailsburg Day unifies the neighborhood by recognizing individual achievements from community stewards of all ages. Ongoing positive actions and undertakings by residents and supporters are what make Vailsburg, Newark a special neighborhood and Vailsburg Day an important tradition.
Nominations for the Youth Achievement & Community Service Awards are accepted from neighborhood block association members, teachers, principals, and clergy. The Memorial Awards are named in honor of neighborhood pioneers who worked to stabilize Vailsburg and have passed on. These are:
- The Inaugural William “Bill” Watson Award for Sustainable Community Practices
- The Rabbi Julius Eidenbaum Award for Corporate Community Service
- The Justice William J. Brennan Award for Public Service
- The Reverend Sean Booker Award for Faith Based Service
- The Dr. Jesse Turk Award for Community Service
- The Dorothy Williams Employee of the Year Award
- The Terrence Aeriel Memorial Scholarship
Demonstrate your support of Unified Hearts of Vailsburg through inclusion in the Vailsburg Day Program Journal and Benefit Banner. As a Vailsburg Day sponsor at any level, your donation will ensure the success of the Vailsburg Day Awards Banquet and will inspire youth and adult leaders to continue active pursuit of a stable and compassionate community.
Unified Vailsburg Services Organization (UVSO) is the stabilizing force for a transitioning community. The UVSO campus is located in the Vailsburg section of Newark, New Jersey’s West Ward, and serves 1400 clients per day. The organization unites with friends and neighbors to create a stable and compassionate community.