This 3 day class is designed to help operators and new mechanics set up and
maintain the Vactor 2100 Plus for the best operation. Engaging the hydraulics,
rodder pump and vacuum systems (fan and PD units) will be discussed with
emphasis on safety, proper operation, maintenance, and repair.
Class will include basic troubleshooting of electrical and hydraulic systems related to sewer cleaning. We will discuss use of and troubleshooting of the boom and high pressure water system. Discussion will include how to set the Vactor unit up for various applications.
● Pre-Trip Unit Inspections
● Arriving at the Job Site and Man Hole Setup
● Job Site Safety
● Nozzle Selection and Step Cleaning
● Setting and Operating the Nozzle(s)
● Troubleshooting the Rodder Pump
● Clean Fill Techniques
● Options Used for Specific Application
● Hose Reel Basics
● Boom Systems and Options
● Filtration and Vacuum Systems
● Dumping the Load
● Wash Down at the Dump Site and Seal Inspection
● Maintenance and Maintenance Schedule
Who should attend: New and experienced maintenance personnel and mechanics who want a better understanding of the Vactor 2100 Plus operations.
Dates Offered: April 18-20, May 23-25, August 15-17, September 7-9 (Note: Wednesday Start Date), October 3-5.