VA Young Professionals Day @ General Assembly & Reception
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
URBAN LEAGUES OF VIRGINIA CONVERGE ON THE STATE CAPITOL
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2013
Virginia General Assembly
5th Floor West Conference Room
1000 Bank St Richmond, VA
Serving the communties of Virginia in Richmond, Hampton Roads and Northern Virginia for 99 years, Urban League pledge to responsibly commit my time and talent to ensure that the nation is empowered to achieve the following goals by 2025:
- Create 100 Urban Jobs Academies to Implement an Expansion of the Urban Youth Empowerment Program.
- Develop a Dynamic National Public-Private Jobs Initiative to Create Jobs and Train Urban Residents and Stimulate Economic Growth in the areas of Technology and Broadband, Health Care, Manufacturing, Transportation and Public Infrastructure and Clean Energy.
- Boost Minority Participation in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Industries.
- Reform, Revise and Reauthorize Workforce Investment Act to prepare and retrain workers for 21st century jobs.
- Create Green Empowerment Zones.
- Expand Small Business Lending.
- Initiate Tax Reform that reduces rates across the board and eliminates tax loopholes.
- Establish and Promote Multilateral International Trade Policies that expand the market for American goods and services.
- Enact the Urban Jobs Act (H.R. 5708).
- Expand the Hiring of Housing Counselors Nationwide.
- Fund Direct Job Creation in cities and states.
ENCORE ULTRA LOUNGE
11 SOUTH 12TH STREET
RECEPTION STARTS AT 6:00 PM
ADMISSION INCLUDES HEAVY HOR D'OEUVRES & SIGNATURE COCKTAIL
BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL ATTIRE REQUIRED
RSVP REQUIREMENT STRICTLY ENFORCED.
ADMISSION FOR URBAN LEAGUE MEMBERS IS COMPLIMENTARY
inquiries or questions?
Hampton Roads:: email@example.com
Northern Virginia:: firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban League Young Professionals Network of Greater Richmond
The Urban League of Greater Richmond Young Professionals Network (YP) is a volunteer auxiliary that targets young professionals ages 21-40 to empower their communities and change lives through the Urban League Movement.
Our mission is to support the Greater Richmond Urban League Movement through our volunteerism, philanthrophy and membership development.