San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The United Women in Business NYC Chapter welcomes you to volunteer with us on Sunday, July 27th at the St. Francis Xavier Shelter from 12:30pm until 2:30pm.
Work with other UWIB members to help clean the facility
Clean kitchen and bathroom facilities
Change bed linens
Organize facility as directed by supervisor
Support UWIB's commitment to philanthropy and community building
Network with UWIB members and build new relationships
Learn about upcoming UWIB philanthropic events and stay involved!
DATE & TIME: Sunday, July 27, 2014 from 12:30pm until 2:30pm
- Sign-in / Welcome: 12:30–12:45 PM
- Volunteer Orientation: 12:45–1:00 PM
- Volunteer Participation: 1:00–2:30 PM
- Good Bye / Thank You: 2:30–2:40 PM
ABOUT United Women in Business
The United Women in Business Foundation (UWIB) seeks to foster professional success through education among all women. Through educational programming, mentorship, and community service initiatives, our goal is to help members excel despite the challenges and inequalities that women face in in today’s business environment.
While UWIB places a strong emphasis on serving women who are underprivileged, our organization is also dedicated to serving and supporting women with different experience levels ranging from undergraduate and graduate students, to young professionals, female executives, and thought leaders.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED: UWIB Philanthropy Committee
- Philanthropy Committee will work closely with the VP of Philanthropy to plan and organize volunteer events for UWIB membership.
- Focus on creating contact list of relevant organizations to reach out to; call organizations and establish informational calls/relationships to find out if interests align
- Cultivate rolodex of contacts UWIB can volunteer with and stay in touch with regarding future opportunities
- Responsible for briefing VP/committee of new leads/opportunities
- Work in concert with Digital Media VP/committee to help facilitate social media pushes regarding all philanthropic events/volunteer opps
- Help publicize any other relevant fundraising events UWIB might be interested in supporting
- On volunteer days, help act as point person at respective location to check people in and help manage operations of the day
- Board Contact: Sydney Campos, VP of Philanthropy
HOW TO GET INVOLVED WITH UWIB:
If you are interested in UWIB and would like to receive invites to future events, please fill out our free, 5-minute sign-up form here. You can also follow us on Twitter (@UnitedWomen) to keep the conversation going, and like us on Facebook while checking out event photos!
When & Where
United Women in Business
The United Women in Business Foundation (UWIB) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the professional and personal development of women in the business world. UWIB’s mission is to foster success for its members by providing educational programs, mentorship and networking connections, and leadership and growth opportunities.