San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The United Women in Business NYC Chapter is excited to welcome UWIB Members to a Meet & Greet with our 2014 Board of Directors and to learn about volunteering in a committee position this year!
Learn more about the United Women in Business NYC Chapter
Meet our Board of Directors
Hear about Committee volunteer opportunities
Quality networking time with other UWIB NYC members and the new 2014 Board of Directors
Delightful snacks and drinks
DATE & TIME: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
- Sign-in / Refreshments: 6:30–6:45 PM
- UWIB Introductions & Welcome: 6:45-7:00 PM
- Committee Expectations & Overviews: 7:00-7:20 PM
- Individual Chats with VPs: 7:20-8:00 PM
- Closing Remarks: 8:00 PM
ABOUT United Women in Business
The United Women in Business Foundation (UWIB) seeks to foster professional success through education among all women. Through educational programming, mentorship, and community service initiatives, our goal is to help members excel despite the challenges and inequalities that women face in in today’s business environment.
While UWIB places a strong emphasis on serving women who are underprivileged, our organization is also dedicated to serving and supporting women with different experience levels ranging from undergraduate and graduate students, to young professionals, female executives, and thought leaders.
ABOUT Programming Committee
- UWIB’s NYC Chapter is looking to expand its Programming Committee to work closely with the VP of Programming in NYC to develop overall programming calendar and strategy.
- In particular, this position includes, but is not limited to, coming up with potential event ideas, speakers, and venues as well as building a database of contacts, pricing and quotes.
- In addition, members will have the opportunity to work with the Community Relations Committee as many events rely on in-kind donations.
- Members of the Programming Committee would be instrumental in assisting the VP of Programming in contacting speakers, following up with requests, and visiting establishments to ensure that the location is a fit for the event.
- Event photographers
- Board Contact: Jenina Soto, VP of Programming
ABOUT Community Relations Committee
- UWIB’s NYC Chapter is looking to expand its Community Relations Committee. In particular, members of the UWIB Community Relations Committee would work closely with the VP of Community Relations in NYC and the Programming Board to secure sponsorships and donations for events.
- In particular, this position includes, but is not limited to, locating food vendors, drink donations, event space and swag for each of UWIB’s events.
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, UWIB relies on the generosity of the community to receive in-kind donations for its events. UWIB’s Community Relations Committee also coordinates events with NYC university organizations and serves as the liaison between the university and UWIB.
- Members of the Community Relations Committee would be instrumental in assisting the VP of Community Relations in contacting NYC vendors, following up with requests, and visiting establishments to ensure that donations are secured for each event.
- Board Contact: Nishi Ramolia, VP of Community Relations
ABOUT Philanthropy Committee
- Philanthropy Committee will work closely with the VP of Philanthropy to plan and organize volunteer events for UWIB membership.
- Focus on creating contact list of relevant organizations to reach out to; call organizations and establish informational calls/relationships to find out if interests align
- Cultivate rolodex of contacts UWIB can volunteer with and stay in touch with regarding future opportunities
- Responsible for briefing VP/committee of new leads/opportunities
- Work in concert with Digital Media VP/committee to help facilitate social media pushes regarding all philanthropic events/volunteer opps
- Help publicize any other relevant fundraising events UWIB might be interested in supporting
- On volunteer days, help act as point person at respective location to check people in and help manage operations of the day
- Board Contact: Sydney Campos, VP of Philanthropy
HOW TO GET INVOLVED WITH UWIB:
If you are interested in UWIB and would like to receive invites to future events, please fill out our free, 5-minute sign-up form here. You can also follow us on Twitter (@UnitedWomen) to keep the conversation going, and like us on Facebook while checking out event photos!
When & Where
The United Women in Business Foundation
The United Women in Business Foundation (UWIB) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the professional and personal development of women in the business world. UWIB’s mission is to foster success for its members by providing educational programs, mentorship and networking connections, and leadership and growth opportunities.