US/UK- Hands Across the Water: Addressing Oil & Gas Workforce Gaps
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please join us for a breakfast and information exchange addressing Oil & Gas workforce gaps in the US and UK.
The critical shortage of skilled workers is one of the greatest challenges facing the energy industry.
- How are Houston companies handling the challenge?
- What innovative programs exist to help companies attract and retain talented employees?
- How are Houston high schools helping to prepare energy industry workers and can Aberdeen replicate these programs for Standard Grade students?
- What can Houston and Aberdeen learn from each other to benefit the industry worldwide?
- Jeremy Cresswell, Editor of Energy, The Press & Journal Energy, Aberdeen
- International Association of Drilling Contractors
- Representatives from Houston Oil & Gas Companies
- Greater Houston Partnership
- Lone Star College System, Houston
- Greenspoint District, Houston
The workshop is complimentary to Aberdeen companies attending the Offshore Technology Conference, but seating is limited and advance registration is required by May 2.
When & Where
Houston’s Greenspoint District is a business development district serving 4,000 companies within its borders. At the crossroads of north/south and east/west freeways, Greenspoint is minutes to Bush Intercontinental Airport (:10) and downtown (:15). This prime location is ideal for companies doing business locally and around the globe. Many of Houston’s largest companies call Greenspoint home.