Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
USPA Coach Certification Course
Saturday, August 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM - Sunday, August 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This certification course is a two day Strength & Powerlifting Coaching course. It includes the teaching progressions of the Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift and all associated movements. Participants will gain knowledge and experience of training for both competitive lifters and for athletes using these movements for strength and power development. The course includes theoretical classroom, and practical hands-on portions. Course duration is over one weekend and lasts approximately 18 hours divided between lecture and practical training. This course is applicable for Competitive Powerlifting Coaches, Strength & Conditioning Coaches, Sports Performance Coaches, Certified Personal Trainers, and Health & Fitness Enthusiast.
The first step to achieving great results is an educated coach. The focal point of this program is for the coach to learn the scientific knowledge of human movement and adaptation for strength increases for powerlifting and competition.
The information consists of:
- Biomechanical Principles of Powerlifting
- Physiological Science of Powerlifting
- Evaluation and Assessment of Movement
- Flexibility for Improved Movement
- Sports-Specific Technique Fundamentals and Skill
- Lab Activities
- Program Design of Strength & Power Principles
- Sport Psychology
- Performance Nutrition
- Jr Strength Training
- Coaching for Competition
- Competition Preparation-Rules of performance (squat, bench press, deadlift)
- Roles and Responsibilities of Coaches
Course Also includes:
- 1yr USPA Membership
- Printable 300+ page USPA Powerlifting Essentials E-book Manual
- Comprehensive Certification Exam
When & Where
United States Powerlifting Association Coach Certification
The United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) is a leader in the powerlifting industry. It is the mission of the USPA to provide powerlifting competition and education of uniform high quality which is available to all athletes and coaches who meet the criteria for membership throughout the United States.