Using ArcGIS Server by Vince DiNoto
Thursday, June 14, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (EDT)
This workshop will develop hands on understanding of how to use and configure Esri ArcGIS Server to develop web maps. The participants will learn proper configuration of the server, including the correct settings for IIS and ArcGIS Server as well as an understanding of ArcSDE, file and SQL databases.
The participants will build spatial maps, utilizing services such as ArcGIS online and ArcGIS Server to understand how services can be used to create basemaps. The participants will build services on an ArcGIS Server that can be consumed by web services such as Esri web application, Google maps, Flash Builder, etc.
Participants should be able to build geospatial maps using Esri ArcMap v 10.0 as base knowledge. No prior knowledge of server side GIS is required.
Proposed Topics list
- · Utilizing online services to as basemaps (both local and web).
- · Configuring ArcGIS Server and IIS
- · Utilizing File Geodatabases
- · Understanding of Relational Database
- · Creating map services
- · Creating a Web map using Esri ArcGIS Server
- · Using Service in other Web Applications such as Google Maps, Flash Builder, Silverlight, etc.
When & Where
National Geospatial Technology Center of Excellence
“Empowering Colleges: Expanding the Geospatial Workforce”
The GeoTECH Center:
- Is developing a Community of Practice
- Has a set of Model Courses
- Can provide Mentoring for new or existing programs
- Offers professional development workshops at no cost
- Is updating the Geospatial Technology Competency Model (GTCM)
- Provides a national geospatial program locator map
- Presents Educator Awards
- Maintains a geospatial calendar of events
- Has a dynamic website with geospatial information at http://geotechcenter.org
- Has developed a Curriculum Aligned to Workforce Needs