USGBC-Northern CA Advocacy Retreat
Fire up for 2013!
Riding off the momentum of Greenbuild coming to our backyard in San Francisco just weeks before, join us for an engaging advocacy retreat where we'll map out a plan for USGBC’s 2013 efforts in the Northern California region.
The goal? Green schools, homes and communities for all in Northern California within this generation.
How do we get there? Join over 80 of your USGBC member peers for a retreat to strategize and kick start 2013 initiatives.
Retreat includes complimentary lunch, provided generously by Hanson Bridgitt.
A Sample of 2012 Efforts include:
- Leadership in Sacramento: Educational presentations to over 130 political leaders in Sacramento on green schools and community issues.
- Green Schools: Organized 20 volunteer projects as part of USGBC's national "Where We Learn Matters" Day of Service. Offered an all-day training to form action oriented partnerships with local school districts. Engaged with CA State Univ. Chancellor’s office and local community colleges on green school curriculum and construction.
- Green Homes: Reached over 200 renters/homeowners with a seminar series “Going Green without Going Broke."
- Green Communities/LEED-Neighborhoods: Partnered with the EPA to offer smart growth policy support to a community in East Oakland. Organized a LEED-ND exhibit, tours, and sessions at Greenbuild.
USGBC Green Building Advocates:
- Advance USGBC’s mission of green communities for all within this generation.
- Collaborate with peers to develop and implement high impact green schools, homes, or community initiatives.
- Represent USGBC in the community, and at leading conferences and events.
- Develop leadership experience.
USGBC members and advocates strategizing at the 2012 Advocacy Retreat.
Get engaged in one of our 2013 advocacy committees including:
Green Schools Committee
Committee Co-Chairs: John Diffenderfer & Steve Murphy
Green Residential Marketplace Committee
Committee Co-Chairs: Michele Skupic & Randy Porter
Sustainable Neighborhoods Committee
Committee Co-Chairs: Aaron Welch & Ellie Casson
Note: all new committee members must complete an application. All advocates must be members of USGBC-NorCal, or join prior to the reteat. For an application or for questions, contact Ashleigh Talberth, Director, Special Projects, at Ashleigh@usgbc-ncc.org.