San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The User Story Workshop is a full-day workshop for Business Analysts and Product Owners and anyone who will be involved in the writing of User Stories. The course focuses on how to gather Agile requirements and document them as User Stories. This is a very hands-on course and features many exercises that solidify key course concepts. Whenever possible real-world examples are brought in from the course participants work in order to jumpstart their next Agile project.
|Limited to only 20 seats...|
|Sign-up now in order to ensure your spot is reserved!|
|7 PDUs Awarded||Scrum Alliance
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
What others are are saying about us:
- "This was the biggest "bang for the buck" of any class I've ever taken (in 18 years of professional development)." - Heather
- "The class was extremely helpful in helping me find my role as ScrumMaster on my team." - Michael
- "I was pleasantly surprised that after the class I now have a foundation to begin using Scrum at my agency." - Kevin
User Story Deep Dive Class Objectives
- As a User Story course participant, I want to demonstrate how to create a product vision statement, so that I can establish a guiding light for the product, with the help of my stakeholders.
- As a User Story course participant, I want to demonstrate how to establish user roles, so that I can ensure that I don’t miss an important stakeholder’s business need.
- As a User Story class participant, I want to describe the User Story format, so that I can clearly comprehend the importance of each section.
- As a User Story course participant, I need to be able to understand the importance of quality Acceptance Criteria, so that I can produce effective User Stories.
- As a User Story course participant, I want to practice writing user Stories, so that I am more comfortable when I start doing it for real.
- As a User Story course participant, I want to explain how to tell a good user story from a bad one, so that I can create a better product backlog.
- As a User Story course participant, I want to understand what the term “epic” means; so that when I write stories I understand how they can be at different levels.
- As a User Story course participant, I want to understand the concept of story mapping, so that I can use it as a method to gather User Stories.
Who should attend?
• Business Analysts
• Product Managers/Owners
• Anyone who will be involved in writing User Stories
About The Instructor: John Miller, CSP
John Miller, CSP, PMP is an IT professional with over 15 years of industry experience. John holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from The New Jersey City University. He is a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) from the Scrum Alliance, a Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI), ITIL Foundations Certified, State Government Certified Project Manager from the Government Information Technology Agency (GITA), and a Certified Support Center Director from the Help Desk Institute. John is an Agile Trainer and Coach with The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management services for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. With a background in project management and IT Operations Management, John has spent much of his career managing and leading teams for companies like Register.com, Imbot.com, and local government organizations such as the Baltimore City Police Department and school districts. John has founded and grown several community groups such as West Phoenix Scrum Users Group and Agile Schools. John has 10 years experience in the education and training industry, He has worked with numerous organizations to support their training and coaching needs, whether they are for ongoing training or support during new project initiatives. John is a frequent presenter at technology conferences and was a speaker at Scrum Alliance Global Gathering - Atlanta. He enjoys sharing his love of project management, agile framework, and IT operations management with The Braintrust Consulting Groups’ clients.
Want more testimonials? Check these out!
Organizations That We Have Trained:
In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this class you must notify us no later than 5 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 business day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.
When & Where
The Braintrust Consulting Group