The User Story Workshop is a full-day workshop for Business Analysts and Product Owners and anyone who will be involved in the writing of User Stories. The course focuses on how to gather Agile requirements and document them as User Stories. This is a very hands-on course and features many exercises that solidify key course concepts. Whenever possible real-world examples are brought in from the course participants work in order to jumpstart their next Agile project.
|Limited to only 20 seats...|
|Sign-up now in order to ensure your spot is reserved!|
|7 PDUs Awarded||Scrum Alliance
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
What others are are saying about us:
- "This was the biggest "bang for the buck" of any class I've ever taken (in 18 years of professional development)." - Heather
- "The class was extremely helpful in helping me find my role as ScrumMaster on my team." - Michael
- "I was pleasantly surprised that after the class I now have a foundation to begin using Scrum at my agency." - Kevin
User Story Deep Dive Class Objectives
- As a User Story course participant, I want to demonstrate how to create a product vision statement, so that I can establish a guiding light for the product, with the help of my stakeholders.
- As a User Story course participant, I want to demonstrate how to establish user roles, so that I can ensure that I don’t miss an important stakeholder’s business need.
- As a User Story class participant, I want to describe the User Story format, so that I can clearly comprehend the importance of each section.
- As a User Story course participant, I need to be able to understand the importance of quality Acceptance Criteria, so that I can produce effective User Stories.
- As a User Story course participant, I want to practice writing user Stories, so that I am more comfortable when I start doing it for real.
- As a User Story course participant, I want to explain how to tell a good user story from a bad one, so that I can create a better product backlog.
- As a User Story course participant, I want to understand what the term “epic” means; so that when I write stories I understand how they can be at different levels.
- As a User Story course participant, I want to understand the concept of story mapping, so that I can use it as a method to gather User Stories.
Who should attend?
• Business Analysts
• Product Managers/Owners
• Anyone who will be involved in writing User Stories
About The Instructor:
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD, is a Certified Scrum Trainer as well as a certified .NET and Java Developer with over 17 years of programming and training experience. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems from University of South Florida and has spent most of his career training and consulting with organizations on technologies ranging from .NET and Java to Linux and other open source tools. He specializes in cloud-based web solutions. Erick leads all technical training for Braintrust’s Certified Scrum Developer classes, Agile Engineering classes, and Test Driven Development classes. His role allows him to concentrate exclusively on developer training while setting the curriculum for all Braintrust developer-focused classes across the country.
Want more testimonials? Check these out!
Organizations That We Have Trained:
In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this class you must notify us no later than 5 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 business day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.
When & Where
The Braintrust Consulting Group