Slow Money SoCal Special Event: USDA MicroLoan Presentation
- Maximum loan amount of $35,000
- Funds for any operating expense
- A low interest rate, currently at 1.375%
- An application that's citizen-friendly, reduced to 7 pages from 30
- Some experience required and allows credit for farm internships, small business experience, specialized education or a guided apprenticeship.
When & Where
Slow Money SoCal
Slow Money SoCal is a volunteer non-profit network that connects farmers, entrepreneurs, investors, thought-leaders and everyday folks interested in developing alternatives that help strengthen, and diversify our local Southern California food system.
Slow Money SoCal is the Southern California chapter of Slow Money, the movement and national nonprofit organization that catalyzes investments in local food systems. In over 15 local networks across the North America, entrepreneurs, investors, foodies, and localization activists have joined forces to rebuild the economics of local food and agriculture.
Slow Money SoCal's Mission:
- To build a diverse Southern California community focused on aligning our money and our values through investing in local, sustainable food businesses.
- To inspire and educate people about the connected nature of slow investing and food system change.
- To catalyze new and democratic opportunities for investment in businesses that yield a sustainable food system for all.
Information presented is the sole responsibility of the presenting company. Slow Money SoCal has not verified the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of information, materials or statements presented. Neither Slow Money SoCal nor any of its officers, directors, stakeholders, agents and employees makes any warranty, express or implied, of any kind related to the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of any information presented. The presenting company and investor is responsible for ensuring his/her/its compliance with applicable securities laws. Slow Money SoCal does not give investment advice, endorsement, analysis or recommendations with respect to any securities and is not a broker, venture fund or an investment advisor.