- Religion & Spirituality
- Paschal's Restaurant, Atlanta GA
USCA BTAN Pre-Conference
Founded in May of 1999, the Black AIDS Institute is the only national HIV/AIDS think tank focused exclusively on Black people. The Institute's Mission is to stop the AIDS pandemic in Black communities by engaging and mobilizing Black institutions and individuals in efforts to confront HIV. The Institute interprets public and private sector HIV policies, conducts trainings, offers technical assistance, disseminates information, and provides advocacy mobilization from a uniquely and unapologetically Black point of view.
With a new strategic vision, the Black AIDS Institute aims to catalyze the action needed to ensure that all of the 515,000 Black people living with HIV in the U.S. achieve durable viral suppression, by incorporating the following organizational goals:
1) Full implementation of the Affordable Care Act
2 Encouraging people living with HIV/AIDS to come out
3) Developing initiatives that will build demand for treatment
4) Biomedical approaches to be integrated with behavioral approaches
5) Retooling AIDS organizations to thrive in a rapidly changing AIDS and post health care environment
For more information
Black AIDS Institute www.blackaids.org
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.