ABB Low Voltage Products (LP) training programs are intended for ABB authorized channel partners; including representatives, distributors, system integrators and service stations and our customers.
Our training programs utilize on-line tools, instructor-led training, hands-on labs and scenario based learning. These programs are designed to engage the student at the appropriate technical level and raise their capabilities and competency in using, applying, and servicing ABB LP.
US306 Industrial Control Sales Training Program
This program is comprised of two courses. Registration for both is required
- US200 Circuit Protection and Motor Control Training
- US202 Features and Applications Product Training
The objective of these courses is to increase and improve the knowledge of industry applications and needs and the ABB LP solution in addition to finding their best fit applications.
Upon completion students will be able to:
- Identify circuit needs
- Understand the types and operating principles of circuit protective devices
- Understand basic operation of motors
- Identify motor components and the types of motor circuits
- Identify the features and benefits of LP offerings
- Understand applications types
- Make product selection
- Identify the best fit solutions
- Identify advantages to competitor products
This course is free to all ABB employees, channel partners and manufacturer’s reps at no charge
Completion of US300 Fundamentals of Industrial Control, and US303 or US305 On-line Training Program is mandatory for all ABB, Reps, and Partner Sales students prior to attending this training. All students should have a basic knowledge of power circuits, control circuits and PC’s.
- US300 Fundamentals of Industrial Control consists of the following e-learning courses:
- o US203e - ABB LP Overview
- o US206e - Industrial Electrical
- o Y013e - Understanding Motor Control
- US303/US305 On-line Training Program consists of the following e-learning courses:
- o F701e - Basic Circuit Breakers
- o F702e - Molded Case Circuit Breaker Overview
- o F703e - Molded Case Circuit Breaker Applications
- o F704e - Emax Circuit Breakers Overview
- o F706e - Surge Protection Devices
- o F707e - Mini Circuit Breakers and Panel Boards
- o F708e - Photovoltaic Breaker and Switches
- o F709e - Understanding Disconnect Switches
- o F191e - Manual Motor Protectors
- o F192e - Pilot Devices
- o F193e - Motor Control: Starters
- o F194e - Softstarters
- o F197e - Connections and Terminal Blocks
- o F198e - Contactors and Accessories
If you do not already have ABB’s Training Partner Access to complete the assigned pre-requisite courses please complete the online form to request access.
A completed Knowledge Assessment is required to receive full credit for this course.You will need to bring a mobile computing device, such as a laptop or iPad to class as you will be instructed to use these tools in your course at the appointed time.
Memphis International Airport
Due to location of hotels there is not shuttle to/from airport. However, shuttles are available to/from the training location.
Hyatt Place – Germantown
9161 Winchester Rd
Germantown, TN 38125
Hampton Inn – Hacks Cross
3579 Hacks Cross Rd
Memphis, TN 38125