The White House Business Council
in partnership with the
U.S. Small Business Administration
U.S. Department of Education
Invite You to Participate in the YES:
A Young Entrepreneur Series Event
Supporting Minority Entrepreneurs
Thursday, November 17, 2011 (9:30am EST)
The White House in partnership with the U.S. SBA Deputy Administrator Marie Johns and the U.S. Dept. of Education Dr. Leonard Haynes invites you to join in a dialogue discussion with young entrepreneurs and regional experts driving economic impact in Charlotte, NC. A distinguished panel of young business leaders will share their personal stories, business tips and lessons learned during an interactive session connected to a national online audience hosted at Johnson C. Smith University.
With youth unemployment twice the national average in many communities, particularly among young minorities, SBA recognizes a need to promote and better support the efforts of young people looking to create jobs – for themselves and others. Young entrepreneurs are a dynamic resource for national recovery and growth.
The YES series is intended to:
· Bring together leading young entrepreneurs, financiers, youth advocacy organizations and government experts to listen, address critical challenges and formulate public policy measures needed to move the young entrepreneur’s business agenda to the next level;
· Connect young entrepreneurs to each other, the federal government and other economic development resources;
· Engage non-traditional groups of young people to discuss entrepreneurship: i.e. minorities, veterans, members of the skilled trades community, underserved communities, etc.; and,
· Highlight the accomplishments of young entrepreneurs.
Please arrive for this special event by 9:15am (EST) to facilitate onsite registration and seating.
Johnson C. Smith University
Biddle Hall Auditorium
100 Beatties Ford Road Charlotte, NC 28216
(704) 378-1000 (venue questions only please)
Campus Map: http://www.jcsu.edu/about/visit_us/campus-map
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.