UR KNTRLR – AN INTERACTIVE SCREENING
Saturday, February 2, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Transmedia projects come in many shapes and forms. We screen a selection of some of the best ones produced in the last year. Screening is FREE, but if you want to donate to your favorite nonprofit INDIE FILM CLUB MIAMI, feel....well, you can.
1. ROAMANCING ~conceived and produced by Erica Hargreave ~ a transmedia travel tale told through the eyes of our characters and true to life travel storytellers about finding love and romance ~ and through that recognizing how similar we all are the world over and learning about and celebrating our differences. Erica will be flying in from Canada to be with us for this screening.
2. Paramount’s Star Trek INTO THE DARKNESS App
3. LET IT RIPPLE, produced by Tiffany Shlain. Tiffany and her production company will be releasing a total of 15 Let it Ripple films over the next five years. Here are the first three films, all of which are available for free customization, and for volunteer translation. Honored by Newsweek as one of the “Women Shaping the 21st Century,” Tiffany Shlain is a filmmaker, artist, founder of the Webby Awards, and co-founder of The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences.
4. LOST CHILDREN, directed and produced by Mark Harris. The Lost Children tells the story of Evelyn Hamilton, first seen in the short film Evie, below, and her journey from Manhattan socialite and high-priced call-girl, to would-be messiah. Mark Harris is a filmmaker and software architect focused on the intersection of story and technology. Mark writes software for gameplay, storytelling, and Transmedia.
5. MERIDIAN, directed and produced by Joe Penna aka YouTube sensation MISTERY GUITAR MAN Joe Penna, Brazilian native, maintains a popular channel on YouTube by the name of MysteryGuitarMan which he made in June of 2006 when he moved to Los Angeles. In January 2011, he was the most subscribed in Brazil. As of January 2013 his channel has over 2.1 million Subscribers, and his videos have been viewed over 324 million times. Meridian is the YouTube visionary's directorial debut.
WTF is Transmedia?!? – Erica Hargreave and Kevin Sharpley talk about how to:
- Build transmedia / digital strategy;
- Create transmedia / digital storytelling elements into their projects;
- Build engaged digital audiences;
- Create transmedia / digital characters for their projects.
When & Where
Indie Film Club Miami
Not your ordinary film club
Indie Film Club Miami is a non-profit organization that fosters the growth, skills and cohesiveness of the South Florida film community. We work in collaboration with digital media content creators to better understand and represent the culturally diverse, unique South Florida perspective. Through education, assistance, mentorships, partnerships, and promotion, we are changing our creative landscape