San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It's Homecoming Time and we have Alumni coming from Memphis, Tupelo, Mid-Mississippi, Little Rock and even Louisiana whom are Memphis Region Alumni and/or Chapter Members!!! We're excited!
Here's what to expect this year at Homecoming as you mix and mingle and re-unite with your fellow UOPX colleagues:
Homecoming Event Design
· Collision Zone: When alumni enter the Homecoming, they will be encouraged to drop their business card into the “Phoenix Phish Bowl.” If they don’t have a business card, they can provide their information on a blank business card that will be available. Periodically, throughout the Homecoming event, two names will be drawn and these people will be asked to go to the Collision Zone (along with their guest, if they have one). This would be a designated lounge inside the conference room. Alumni who enter the Collision Zone would be required to perform some kind of networking exercise, for example: Find a way to collaborate with each other on a business adventure or help each other (or someone they know) with their career. They would write it down and give it to their Alumni Rep or Campus Director for an entry into some kind of prize drawing. If selected, it may be read at the Homecoming.
· Photo Opportunity Corner: This would be a designated area for the Chapters to use for photo ops. We would provide interesting backdrops or funny frames and possibly props for fun photos. Alumni would be encouraged to take portraits for social media sites, group photos for Alumni Association website, Chapter group photos, goofy photos for fun, striking a Phoenix pose or “Phoenixing.” They would be encouraged to upload their photos to the Alumni Homecoming Webpages (where there will be sections for: Group Photos, Homecoming Memories, Phoenixing, Lucky Socks, Funny Photos, and Selfies). We would sponsor a “Funniest Picture Contest.”
· Lucky Socks Lounge & Photo Op: This would be a lounge where alumni can pick up a free pair of lucky red socks if they need a pair. Or go to show off their red sock fashion statement. Photos could be taken of alums sporting the haute couture.
· The Network Bar & Grill: This would be an open bar (complimentary heavy appetizers; free refreshments; and inexpensive mixed drinks). Fun names for the drinks could include: The Learning Team Headache, The Corporate Kool-Aid, The Master of Beer Administration, Pop Quiz, The Bud Wiser, On-Wine Education, The Gradtini, etc. Maybe a special drink called the “Knock Your Socks Off.” Fun names for the foods could include: Phoenix Wings or Phoenix Fingers, Do Your Hamwork, Lettuce Study, Pasta Your Class, Grade A Roast Beef, Taco Amongst Yourselves, Apple Pie Chart.
· Find A Phoenix! (Or Human Bingo): This would be a game where players are given a “Bingo Card” that requires them to find other people who have certain characteristics, job descriptions, degrees, etc. In order to find out who has what, the players have to approach and talk to as many people as they can. The idea is to stimulate mixing, mingling and networking. Every card you complete, gives you an entry into a drawing. These cards would be turned into an Alumni Association Representative.
· Spirit of Service Award (formerly Alumni Community Service Award): Like last year, the Spirit of Service Award winners will be announced in June 2014, prior to the launch of 2014 homecoming to maximize local and national media opportunities. Awardees will receive a letter, certificate and glass trophy at the Homecoming event by the Campus Director where available.
· Spirit Kits will be shipped to all alumni who register for an event at alumni.phoenix.edu
Invitees will be limited to Alumni +1, no children under 18 will be allowed since adult beverages will be available (per the Alumni Association).
WE'LL SEE YOU THERE!
When & Where
UOPX Alumni Association Memphis Chapter
The Memphis Chapter of the University of Phoenix Alumni Association is a resource for all Memphis-area University of Phoenix alumni to network and stay connected.