San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Interested, but need a little clarification? Join us for a special informational call on MONDAY, DECEMBER 24th from 12pm EST to 12:30pm EST. Sign-up HERE.
Fear, distractions, feelings of being overwhelmed, lack of focus, unwillingness to honor ones need to be still, excuses, lack of support, not knowing where or how to begin, and desires for perfection are only examples of what causes people to procrastinate and not fulfill on the things that are important to them. We often allow these things to get in the way of us having the lives that we actually want.
Well what if a group of 12 people had 12 hours of support to fulfill on the things that mattered to them? What if they were able to accomplish 12 actions that could alter the course of their future at the beginning of the year so they are set up to have multiple wins in 2013?
Well, Let’s Pursue You in partnership with the Gye Nyame Empowerment Project (GNEP) has a socially innovative and impactful idea that will change the course of destiny for 12 people in the New York City area who are committed to having a profound shift over the course of 12 hours that will simultaneously support the fundraising efforts of GNEP, including our 6th Annual Sista-2-Sista Youth Summit and Brotha-2-Brotha Youth Summit.
What Participants Get:
- Group coaching session on how to determine areas of focus and specific actions to take during the marathon.
- Coaching on how to secure pledges prior to the start of the Marathon.
- On-site Support & Experts (including empowerment coaches and administrative support)
- Beverages, Snacks & Meals on Marathon day.
- 45-60 minute post Marathon coaching session with Let’s Pursue You to support you with creating concrete actions and opportunities to support you beyond marathon day.
How it works:
- Participants commit to participating in the Marathon by paying $100 non-refundable registration fee ($80 early-bird special).
- Participant identifies at least two (2) areas of their lives they are committed to transforming in 2013 (e.g. health, relationships, family, career, living environment, etc.)
- Prior to the Marathon, each participant joins one (1) group coaching call where they receive coaching on how to determine which areas to focus on, what actions to take during the Marathon to jumpstart a major shift in those areas, and how to secure pledges for each action prior to the Marathon.
- Participants send in their actions for review to ensure they are actions that will make THE difference for the participant.
- On the day of the marathon, participants gather at one location, for a pep rally and for additional support and coaching. This location will serve as the hub and participants must take all actions in the location via phone, internet or within a 4-mile radius. (Participants bring their own laptops, phones, etc.).
- Volunteers will be on site to provide additional coaching, and support with administrative or technical issues to ensure participant fulfills on their actions. In addition, coaches will be on site to encourage participants every step of the way.
- Participants will have 12 hours to complete their 12 actions. For each action completed, participants must secure a minimum donation of $100 prior to the participant moving on to the next action.
- Participants will be provided with snacks, light meals and drinks during the course of the marathon.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, what are YOU waiting for? Sign up NOW! You came here for a reason....let's gooooo!!
Information on our Annual Sista-2-Sista and Brotha-2-Brotha Youth Summits:
For 5 years GNEP has hosted its annual Sista-2-Sista Youth Summit for 125 high school girls from across the NYC area to reach their full potential by engaging them in workshops, live entertainment, and reflective activities. Utilizing a 3 step-process of self-awareness, self-appreciation, and self-actualization the workshops and activities equip participants with fundamental tools to make well-informed decisions today and in the future. This year's summit will be held on Saturday, March 30, 2013.
We have been blessed to have the following women support our efforts: Susan L. Taylor, Chrisette Michele, Michaela angela Davis, Black Girls Rock!, Beverly Bond, Lauren Lake, Marsha Ambrosius, Toni Blackman, Queen Afua, Queen Godis and many others!
We will be hosting our 1st Brotha-2-Brotha Youth Summit on Saturday, May 4, 2013 for high school boys!
If you can't participate in this event, but still want to donate, please click the "Donation" button below.
When & Where
Gye Nyame Empowerment Project
Founded in 2007, the Gye Nyame (jean yuh-me) Empowerment Project is a non-profit organization that provides tools and conversations that affirm positive life outcomes for Pan-African people and their communities. We create moments that affirm people of Pan-African descent and their communities, and we disrupt disempowering trajectories of our people and our communities.
We believe that if you empower an individual, you inspire the family. If you inspire the family, you uplift communities. If you uplift communities, you alter the worlds view on humanity.