Unlimited Tasting from 75+ Wineries with SF Wine History
Thursday, August 1, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Unlimited Tasting of 75+ Wineries
Presentations on San Francisco Wine History
Join FlipSide and Wineluv at the historic 1874 Old Mint for an evening of unlimited wine tasting and presentations on the history of wine in San Francisco. Did you know that San Francisco was once a major hub of wine production and commerce? Enjoy a glass of your favorite vino while hearing tales about the thriving wine hub that the SOMA once was, and how the 1906 earthquake and fire changed everything. Learn how our wine making roots were first established in the 1700's by the Spanish and about the urban wine renaissance taking place today. For the wine novices, there will be a special presentation on the process of making wine from the vineyard to the bottle.
- Unlimited Wine Tasting from 75+ Wineries
- Souvenir Logo Wine Glass
- Historical Presentations on San Francisco Wine History and Wine Making
- Explore the historic 1874 Old Mint
- Photo Booth by UpOut
- Over 20+ vendors sampling chocolate, olive oil, etc.
- Live Music by the Frisky Frolics plus others
- Food available in the courtyard by Big Chef Tom's Belly Burgers, Bombzies BBQ, Little Vietnam, and Wing Wings.
- Wine Raffle benefiting the Old Mint
- Art Exhibit by Heartworks Gallery
- And much more!
VIP Admission (All General Admission Benefits Included)
- VIP Express Entry
- Reserved VIP Area with Seating and Tables
- Premium Wine Tasting
- Fully Catered VIP Area
- Souvenir Logo Wine Glass
- Exclusive Entertainment by The Brewing Co.
- Gift Bags
- 7pm: Wine Making In Early 1900's San Francisco - Presented by Matt Reidy of Bluxome Street Winery
- 7:20pm Wine Making Comparisons: SF vs Sonoma/Napa - Presented by Bryan Kane of The Winery SF
- 8:15pm SPECIAL PRESENTATION by Dario Sattui from Castello di Amorosa and V. Sattui Winery
- 8:35pm From Vineyard to Bottle - Presented by Joshua Haberman of Burt Street Cellars
- 6pm Doors Open
- 7pm Wine Making In Early 1900's San Francisco
- 7:20pm San Francisco Wine History
- 7:45-8:15pm Break
- 8:15pm Dario Sattui
- 8:35pm From Vineyard to Bottle
- 10pm Event ends
Society Member Discount
If you are a current member of the San Francisco Museum and Historical Society, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for member discount code.
SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP WORTH A LOOK:
• Society yearly membership ONLY $35 (normally $45) till July 31st
• Society members receive DISCOUNTS AND PRIORITY TICKETS TO ALL FLIPSIDE EVENTS
• Join here! (Use discount code F13-07-48307-Z for $10 off membership)
All Proceeds Benefit FlipSide and The San Francisco Museum and Historical Society
FlipSide, a part of The San Francisco Museum and Historical Society, was founded to engage a younger generation of San Francisco history enthusiasts. Through awareness, the ultimate goal is to help foster the creation and ongoing operation of a world class museum in San Francisco’s Old Mint. This National Historic Landmark at Fifth and Mission Streets will be transformed into the San Francisco Museum at the Mint where visitors can experience the stories that shaped San Francisco through state-of-the-art interactive exhibits. All FlipSide events benefit the museum project and include exclusive parties at The Old Mint, Historic Bar Crawls, Lectures, etc.
A special thank you to our sponsors: