Unity3D 2-Day In-Depth "Build a Video Game" Workshop (8/20 & 8/21 6pm-9pm)
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM - Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 9:00 PM (PDT)
New York, NY
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- How to navigate and use Unity's GUI effectively
- Basics of practical C# scripting for games
- Fundamentals of a Unity Workflow
- Overview of fast prototyping in Unity
- Good programming structure in Unity3D
- Publishing the game online and on mobile/other platforms
- And the big one: Creating a game from complete scratch from start to finish
- Including: GameObject manipulation, collision events, 3D workflow, UI creation, exporting to web, and more!
## Students MUST BRING
A laptop with Unity installed. Go to the site and click download. We'll be using the free version of Unity. If you want to use Pro or the Pro trial, that's completely fine too.
## IT MUST BE INSTALLED. SERIOUSLY.
It's huge, don't expect to be able to download and install it here. If you don't have it, you'll seriously be missing out, though you can still come. Open it at least once to make sure it works, too! I'll try to help anyone troubleshoot before we start.
OPEN IT AT LEAST ONCE. MAKE SURE IT WORKS!