United Way and GNEC Present: Plan & Pitch Bootcamp - Summer 2014
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 5:30 PM - Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 8:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Plan & Pitch Bootcamp with Chike 'EntrepreneurCoach' Uzoka
This small business bootcamp is a free 7-week course where participants will learn to...
- Strategically postition their business for long-term success
- Understand & apply the 8 C's vital to any business
- Apply Lean Startup methods to customer development
- Complete industry and market analysis
- Create a marketing strategy for products and services
- Draft an effective business plan
- Understand the basics of small business funding
- Pitch to funders and investors
Classes begin on Wednesday, August 20th and will be held on 7 consecutive Wednesday evenings until October 1st. Classes are from 5:30 - 8 pm.
The course culminates in a Business Pitch Competition where participants pitch their poducts & services to a panel of industry experts in various fields related to entrepreneurship and small business.
Every participant will receive a free copy of my book, The Young Man's Guide to Entrepreneurship, as well!
To secure your spot, you must...
- Reside in: Newark, East Newark, East Orange, South Orange, West Orange, Orange, Nutley, North Arlington, Belleville, Kearny, Harrison, Maplewood, Irvington
- Commit to attending at least 5 of the 7 classes and completing research needed outside of this class time
1) Who faciliatates the course?
Chike 'EntrepreneurCoach' Uzoka is a Certified Business Coach, entrepreneur, speaker and author. He founded Valentine Global in 2010 to address the need for entrepreneurship education in urban areas. You can learn more about Chike here.
2) Is there a phone number or email where I can contact the organizer with any questions?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (973) 348-9652 to reach the facilitator.
3) Is this the same as the last course or previous courses?
No. This summer course will focus a lot more on customer development, finding your niche, and pitching your ideas to investors.
4) Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
There is not particular age limit, and I’ve had as young as a high school student in previous classes.
5) Do I need to print out and bring a ticket to get in?
You only need to bring yourself, your ideas, your work ethic, and your enthusiasm to have fun, learn and share!
6) Where is the event taking place?
Greater Newark Enterprises Corporation
60 Park Place, 18th floor
Newark, NJ 07102
7) Is there parking at the event?
There is metered parking on Park Place, Mulberry Street, and Commerce Street. The meters are free after 6 p.m. There are parking garages on Park Place, Raymond Blvd., Commerce & Clinton Streets as well.
8) Is there public transportation to the event? Is there bicycle parking?
Yes to both. You can reach it via NJ Transit or the PATH to Newark Penn Station and catch any bus that goes up Raymond Blvd towards Broad Street. It's a short walk from Market or Raymond & Broad going towards NJ PAC. Go to www.NJTransit.com for more information.
9) Is the building handicap accessible?
Yes it is.
When & Where
Valentine Global. LLC
Valentine Global is an entrepreneurial development company headquartered in Newark, NJ founded in 2010 by Chike Uzoka. It's mission is to educate, train, and help entrepreneurs be smarter and be better.