UniPro's "The Vagina Monologues" - Breaking the Maria Clara Image
Saturday, March 9, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
*3/5 Join us for the Official TVM Afterparty at Jeepney: RSVP athttps://www.facebook.com/events/485886698142593/
*3/4 Update! SOLD OUT SHOW!
Tickets will not be available for purchase at the door.
Thank you so much for your support everyone!
Pilipino American Unity for Progress (UniPro) presents "The State of Pilipino American Advocacy Series (SoPAAS)," a year-long series of events that aim to:
1) Raise awareness about the issues and disparities that exist in the Pilipino/Pilipino American community;
2) Showcase the organizations, institutions, individuals, and other advocates for equality who are working actively to address these issues,
3) Demonstrate the tangible strategies these organizations are utilizing to promote systemic change, for the purpose of encouraging and empowering the community to get involved.
Part II of UniPro's SoPAAS is a production of Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologues. Featuring an all-Pilipina cast, UniPro’s production of Eve Ensler’s "The Vagina Monologues" will be performed in solidarity with Women’s HERstory Month and the 1 Billion Rising Campaign to end violence against women all over the world. Following the first performance, UniPro will feature a panel of representatives from women’s rights organizations that will discuss the issues affecting the Pilipina community in particular, including modern-day disparities and their historical foundations.
When: Saturday, March 9 @ 6:30pm
Where: Cap 21 - Room 505, 18 West 18th Street, New York, NY.
Admission: $15 *SOLD OUT*
Precious Sipin & Leslie Espinosa
Jana Lynne Umipig
When & Where
Pilipino American Unity for Progress (UniPro)
Pilipino American Unity for Progress (UniPro) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose vision is to attain unity, understanding and progress in the Pilipino community and the community at-large through education and the facilitation of dialogue. The mission of UniPro is to facilitate and encourage cooperation through coalition development among various Pilipino organizations, institutions, and programs by:
- Identifying the unresolved and/or unaddressed issues, problems and concerns that burden the Pilipino community and provide the information necessary to remedy them,
- Informing, encouraging, enabling and mobilizing the Pilipino people to serve the community and improve the lives of underprivileged and others in need,
- Forming alliances, building coalitions, fostering cooperation and resolving misunderstanding among community members and organizations.