Living Future 2015: Legacy Project (Pollinator Pathways)
- Nora's Woods, Seattle WA
Understanding the Living Building Challenge Workshop: Seattle, WA (LF13)
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM (PDT)
Understanding the Living Building Challenge Public Workshop | Living Future 2013
Seattle, WA - May 15, 2013 (Westin Hotel Seattle, Room: Cascade 1C)
Please Note: Registration for the Living Future unConference does NOT include registration for this activity. This is a shoulder event that takes place prior to the start of Living Future.
Understanding the Living Building Challenge provides ato the Living Building Challenge. Attendees are the green building leaders in their community: design professionals, contractors, developers, owners, government officials and employees of public agencies. In short, anyone and everyone who can impact the development of the built environment.
|9:00-10:00||The Philosophy of the Living Building Challenge / Petal rationale + strategies: Site|
|10:15-11:45||Petal rationale + strategies: Water, Energy, Health / Small Group Discussion|
|11:45-12:30||Lunch + Case Studies|
|12:30-2:00||Petal rationale + strategies: Materials, Equity, Beauty / Small Group Discussion|
|2:00-3:30||Breaking down Barriers / Community + Tools / Full Group Discussion /|
- Identify the key components of the Living Building Challenge
- Discuss the rationale for restorative design principles
- Understand successful strategies for compliance with each performance area
- Recognize financial, regulatory and behavioral barriers and incentives related to high performance design
- Describe the Living Building Challenge Community resources and certification process
- Applicable toward Living Future Accreditation
- Approved for
- Approved for 6 AIA Learning Unit credits
- Approved for 6 AIBC Core LU
- Morning coffee and lunch included
ILFI/Cascadia Members, Community subscribers, Ambassadors Early Reg.
Non-member Early Registration
ILFI/Cascadia Members, Community subscribers, Ambassadors Full
Non-member Registration Full
*Registration Fee includes workshop materials, morning coffee and lunch.
**Choose Partner Member Registration at checkout. Your membership in your local Chapter or professional association is confirmed with that organization prior to the event. If your membership has lapsed, you will be responsible for the difference in price on the day of the event.
Sponsorship Opportunities are available. Please contact development [at] living-future [dot] org for details.
Faculty Information & Biography TBA
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.