Understanding the Living Building Challenge Workshop: Phoenix, AZ
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The International Living Future Institute and SmithGroupJJR Present:
Understanding the Living Building Challenge Public Workshop
Phoenix, AZ - June 13, 2013 - DPR Construction
Understanding the Living Building Challenge provides ato the Living Building Challenge. Attendees are the green building leaders in their community: design professionals, contractors, developers, owners, government officials and employees of public agencies. In short, anyone and everyone who can impact the development of the built environment.
|9:00-10:00||The Philosophy of the Living Building Challenge / Petal rationale + strategies: Site|
|10:15-11:45||Petal rationale + strategies: Water, Energy, Health / Small Group Discussion|
|11:45-12:30||Lunch + Case Studies|
|12:30-2:00||Petal rationale + strategies: Materials, Equity, Beauty / Small Group Discussion|
|2:00-3:30||Breaking down Barriers / Community + Tools / Full Group Discussion /|
- Identify the key components of the Living Building Challenge
- Discuss the rationale for restorative design principles
- Understand successful strategies for compliance with each performance area
- Recognize financial, regulatory and behavioral barriers and incentives related to high performance design
- Describe the Living Building Challenge Community resources and certification process
- Applicable toward Living Future Accreditation
- Approved for
- Approved for 6 AIA Learning Units credits
- Morning coffee and lunch included
ILFI/Cascadia Members, Community subscribers, Ambassadors / Partner Org. Early Reg.
|General Registration Early Registration||
ILFI/Cascadia Members, Community subscribers, Ambassadors / Partner Org. Full
General Registration Full
*Registration Fee includes workshop materials, morning coffee and lunch.
Sponsorship Opportunities are available. Please contact development [at] living-future [dot] org for details.
Faculty Information & Biography TBA