Understanding the Living Building Challenge Workshop: Boston, MA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Understanding the Living Building Challenge Public Workshop
Boston, MA - Winter, 2014 (Date & Venue TBA)
Sign up above and receive notification when registration formally opens.
Understanding the Living Building Challenge provides ato the Living Building Challenge. Attendees are the green building leaders in their community: design professionals, contractors, developers, owners, government officials and employees of public agencies. In short, anyone and everyone who can impact the development of the built environment.
|9:00-10:00||The Philosophy of the Living Building Challenge / Petal rationale + strategies: Site|
|10:15-11:45||Petal rationale + strategies: Water, Energy, Health / Small Group Discussion|
|11:45-12:30||Lunch + Case Studies|
|12:30-2:00||Petal rationale + strategies: Materials, Equity, Beauty / Small Group Discussion|
|2:00-3:30||Breaking down Barriers / Community + Tools / Full Group Discussion /|
- Identify the key components of the Living Building Challenge
- Discuss the rationale for restorative design principles
- Understand successful strategies for compliance with each performance area
- Recognize financial, regulatory and behavioral barriers and incentives related to high performance design
- Describe the Living Building Challenge Community resources and certification process
- Applicable toward Living Future Accreditation
- Approved for
- Approved for 6 AIA Learning Units credits
- Morning coffee and lunch included
ILFI/Cascadia Members, Community subscribers, Ambassadors Early Reg.
|Partner Organization Members Early Registration||
General Registration Early Registration
ILFI/Cascadia Members, Community subscribers, Ambassadors Full
Partner Organization Members Full
General Registration Full
*Registration Fee includes workshop materials, morning coffee and lunch.
**Choose Partner Member Registration at checkout. Your membership in your local Chapter or professional association is confirmed with that organization prior to the event. If your membership has lapsed, you will be responsible for the difference in price on the day of the event.
Sponsorship Opportunities are available. Please contact development [at] living-future [dot] org for details.
Faculty Information & Biography TBA