San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The class is 4 days in length in a half lecture and discussion, and half lab format.
The class will provide an overview of how Hadoop on Windows works from the operational perspective, as well as give students the opportunity to use Hadoop in the Windows cloud in a format half lecture and half lab.
The “Understanding Hadoop on Microsoft Windows” course will address the following basic questions:
1. How do I get Data into Hadoop? (Data Ingest)
2. How do I do something with the Data in Hadoop? (Data Compute)
3. How do I query Data? (Data Analysis)
4. How do I visualize Data (Data Visualization)
The “Understanding Hadoop on Microsoft Windows” course will provide students with the following foundational elements:
· Introduction to the Hadoop EcoSystem
· Introduction to Hadoop on Windows - Basic navigation and rules
· Data Ingestion using FlumeNG
· Developing MapReduce Jobs with JAVA and the Eclipse IDE
· Using C# and the Streaming API
· Using Pig, Hive and HCatalog to analyze and move data
· Using Data Explorer and Hive ODBC to analyze data
· Using Sqoop to move data
· Using SQL server and Excel for BI
PrerequisitesThe course will assume an existing knowledge of the Visual Studio platform with C#, and SQL server. Instructors will assume students understand the basic concepts surrounding object oriented programming with C#.
Facility Details including directions, parking, hotel recommendations, and more.
You must provide a written notice to Hortonworks at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the class if you cannot attend this class. Hortonworks will transfer your registration to a future class of equal or lesser value.
Hortonworks can cancel up to 2 week prior to the course start date. In the event that the class is cancelled, we will work with you to apply your registration to another date or refund your fee in full.
When & Where
Hortonworks, Inc. & Guident
Hortonworks is focused on accelerating the development and adoption of Apache Hadoop. Together with the Apache community, we are making Hadoop more robust and easier to use for enterprises and more open and extensible for solution providers. We also provide expert support and training.