Understanding and Responding to Abuse and Neglect of Infants and Toddlers
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 from 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM (PDT)
Part One of a free two-part webinar training based on ZERO TO THREE'S curriculum designed for early childhood and childcare professionals, called Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Understanding and Responding to Abuse and Neglect of Infants and Toddlers will be presented by Lanterman and Strategies.
This webinar will provide the knowledge, skill and strategies for parents and professionals to partner together to prevent child maltreatment. In this two-part webinar parents and caregivers will:
- Learn the prevalence of abuse/neglect in the infant/toddler population
- Examine the impact of maltreatment on a young child’s development
- Learn how best to respond to suspected abuse/neglect and how to discuss these issues
- Learn about temperament types and five key temperament traits
- Learn how to best understand their own and their children’s temperaments
REGISTRATION REQUIRED ~ Note: Registering for one webinar does not register you for the other one. If interested in attending both, please register for each separately.
For more information, contact the Koch-Young Resource Center at 213.252.5600 or email@example.com.
Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
Koch-Young Resource Center, 213.252.5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org