Understanding and Controlling Unemployment Taxes: Fact, Not Myth
Thursday, January 24, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM (EST)
Do you know what important financial information your Form UC-54A contains?
As more employers deal with unemployment issues and the tax consequences of layoffs, discharges, part-time schedules, and Connecticut’s Shared Work Program, it’s vital to understand the state’s merit rating and unemployment insurance tax system.
Join us to learn more about Form UC-54A, the annual information notice disclosing your company’s unemployment tax rate for the current calendar year. Bring your notice to this workshop where Connecticut Department of Labor experts will:
- Clearly explain how your payroll and unemployment claims data is used to calculate your unemployment tax
- Review the significance of other unemployment claim and tax forms
- Identify critical timing issues, such as deadlines and common errors
- Richard Siegel, Unemployment Tax Management Corporation (UTMC)
- Daryle Dudzinski, Operational Support Manager, Unemployment Insurance Operations, Connecticut Department of Labor
Tune to WFSB Channel 3 or WTIC 1080 for cancellations due to inclement weather.