Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
The Leadership Cohort retreat is designed for pastors together with fellow pastors around the issues of CULTURE, CHANGE, and CONFLICT. The objectives for the Leadership Cohort:
- To add value to the ministerial community ongoing.
- To provide a directed formational and devotional pathway that explores leadership through a Christ-centered lens.
- To connect pastors across the country through an affinity-based focus; in particular--leadership.
- To tap into the wisdom base of the ministerial community through a small group learning model.
- To sharpen each participant's leadership IQ providing new lenses for helping pastors navigate the call to lead in Christ's church.
- To heighten practitioner discernment in a variety of leadership situations.
Dr. Stan Long - Pastor Emeritus, South Bay Community Church
Dr. D. Darrell Griffin - Pastor, Oakdale Covenant Church
DEADLINE to register: September 30, 2013
Workshop is 1 1/2 days
Monday, October 7, 2013 - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 - 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
For credit card payment or check by phone, please call UMI at 708-832-3368.
To pay by check, please mail your payment to:
Attn: UMI Leadership Cohort
1551 Regency Court
Calumet City, IL 60409
What are my transport/travel options getting to the event?
- Fly into Chicago Midway or O'Hare airports. Midway is approximately 25 miles from the venue. O'Hare is approximately 42 miles from the venue.
- You can rent a car at the airport, take a taxi or schedule a limo. There is no shuttle service available.
- Recommended limo company: IOU Express Limo - (312) 896-2336 $95 one person from O'Hare & $85 one person from Midway. Multiple people can share a car and share the cost.
What hotel should I stay at?
- Holiday Inn Express (3 minutes from the workshop venue)
- 2323 172nd Street
- Lansing, IL 60438
- (708) 418-1188 - To Make Reservations
- Complimentary breakfast is offered.
What dates should I book my travel for?
- Fly in to Chicago Sunday, October 6, 2013
- Make travel departure arrangements after 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Are there any pre-requisites before the retreat?
Yes, participants are required to read:
- The Arbinger Institute (2002). Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box.
- Complete the Enneagram assessment.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Dr. Stan Long at Stanlong@sobcc.org