San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This is the Twin Cities Drupal gathering for Global Sprint Weekend.
This is an opportunity for folks to help contribute toward Drupal 8.
Our main sprint will be on Sunday January 26th 9:00am - 4:00pm at:
9401 James Ave. South
Bloomington, MN 55431
(If you can only pick one day, we encourge you to come on Sunday to the Nerdery, where we will have more space and more mentors available to help you.)
There will be a slightly smaller sprint on Saturday January 25th 11:00am - 4:00pm at:
718 Washington Ave. N - Suite 301
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Everyone is welcome; if you have built a site in Drupal, you can contribute. We will split into pairs and work on Drupal core issues. We will have experienced Drupal contributors available to answer questions and provide guidance.
Bring your laptop. If possible, install git before coming and git clone Drupal 8 core. For new folks: you can get a head start also by making an account on Drupal.org and taking a look at the Drupal Ladder http://drupalladder.org/
(If you have questions about GIT, bring them with you).
On Sunday at the Nerdery, we will be offering some round table discussions and demonstrations on topics such as:
- Contributing to Drupal documentation
- How to create a patch
- Using GIT to contribute to Drupal
- How to re-roll a patch
- Navigating the Drupal Core issues queue
- (REQUIRED) The most important thing is to come prepared to learn, teach, collaborate, and contribute. Share what you know and ask for help when you need it.
- (Optional) If you have time check out http://drupalladder.org/ - maybe even set-up an account
- (Optional) If you have not done so already, intall a local development environment on your laptop (Aquia Dev Desktop or MAMP/WAMP/LAMP). See the drupal ladder site for more information.
- (Optional) Install the latest version of Drupal 8.
- Your laptop
- Power cords
- Extra power strip if you have one
When & Where
Twin Cities Drupal
This event is being organized by local Twin Cities Drupal enthusiasts. For updates on what is happening in the Twin Cities Drupal community, join our online group. Questions, contact Tim at 651-246-5045.