TWHA 2015 Annual Dinner
Monday, January 26, 2015 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
Good friends, good food, good talk: The TWHA 2015 annual dinner and membership meeting will feature a talk and slide show by Amelia Marshall, author of Oakland's Equestrian Heritage, a history in pictures of riding in the Oakland Hills.
Meeting: Our star chefs are away in Greece and London, so we thought we'd try something different this year -- meeting at a restaurant. We found Casa Orinda, which many of you already know and love, and which gets great reviews. We've arranged a four-option banquet. There will be a no-host bar starting at 6:00, dinner at 6:30, business meeting at 7:30 and speaker at 8:00. If you have any questions about the meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Menu Choices: You can choose one of these options when you buy your ticket:
• Casa's Famous Fried Chicken - served with homemade biscuit, mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and fresh vegetables.
• Capon Piccata – boneless chicken breast sautéed with lemon, butter, and capers. Served with fettuccine Alfredo and fresh vegetables.
• Veal Cannelloni – veal, spinach, ricotta cheese, and prosciutto wrapped inside fresh pasta and baked. Served with fresh vegetables.
• Vegetarian Pasta – sautéed tomatoes, mushrooms, sweet peppers, olives, and capers. Served over pasta.
PLUS: Cesar salad for everyone, coffee and tea, AND desserts lovingly prepared by TWHA pastry chefs! Note: you can choose your menu option when you order your ticket on line (above), or when you send a check (below).
Wine: Our insurance forbids us to serve wine, but you can buy wine from the restaurant or bring your own for a $15 per bottle corkage fee.
Tickets: Anyone may purchase a dinner ticket above, although the member price is lower and we ask you to support us by joining or renewing (see below). The member's dinner price is lower still if you volunteer to help at one or more TWHA events: there will be at least 9 days to choose from:
• May 16 Meet-a-Horse Day in Tilden,
• September 2-7 East Bay Hills Ride,
• Spring Trail Work Day (date TBD), and
• Fall Trail Work Day (date TBD).
You may order tickets online above with a credit card, or you can send a check to Kirsten Whitsett, 17 Middle Road, Lafayette CA 94549. If you do send a check, please make it out to "Tilden Wildcat Horsemen's Association". AND PLEASE TELL US YOUR MENU CHOICE. There is a small processing fee for online orders (imposed by this website), while checks are accepted without fees.
Membership: You may purchase or renew your membership online, at the door, or with the check you send to Kirsten as above. If you send a check for a new membership, please download and fill out the Membership Application and include it with your check.
Wait list: If the event sells out you will be placed on a wait list and contacted if a place becomes available. Refunds can be issued to the original purchaser only if a replacement purchaser becomes available.