San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
First Annual Queens HIV/AIDS FORUM: WE WILL END HIV/AIDS NOW!
September 24, 2012, New York – Earnest Flowers, Media Chairperson of The National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, will host the First Annual Queens HIV/AIDS Forum on Thursday, September 27, 2012 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at the Queens Library 1637 Central Avenue, Far Rockaway, NY 11691.
Free and open to community leaders, politicians, educators, and the public, the forum will address the impact that HIV/AIDS has in the African American community and explore ways that we as a community can stop the spread of the infection and promote effective prevention, treatment, and care.
· Dionne Warwick (Former Ambassador of Health for the Reagan administration & legendary entertainer)
· Reverend Carl L. Washington (NYC Affiliate Chair Designate National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS)
· Djibril Diallo PHD (Senior Advisor to the Executive Director UNAID)
· Cheryl Wills (Award Winning NY1 News Anchor)
· Roxanne Shante (American hip hop pioneer)
The discussion will focus on such topics as HIV prevention options, factors driving the epidemic, the lack of knowledge about safer sex and the need for health care reform, health education, and health awareness. Prevention often focuses on the ABC model--Abstinence, Be faithful, use Condoms, but these prevention methods are not always possible, especially for women: millions of women do not have the social or economic power to insist on condom use or fidelity or to abandon partnerships that put them at risk. A Q&A open discussion with invited guests and the public will close the panel discussion.
Media Sponsor: Uptown Magazine.
Producer: Camille Evans of CME Group
For press inquiries and further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.