TriValley Citizens Townhall-January 29, 2013-- Pleasanton
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
TriValley Citizens Townhall
Unelected and unaccountable regional bureaucrats are dictating to local communities what their future should look like through the Plan Bay Area. It will implement Smart Growth and Sustainable Communities Strategies. Most city councils and Mayors refuse to stand up for their citizens and instead support that regional plan. Therefore, we are setting up a Citizens Townhall to make citizens aware that they are not being represented. We will discuss how to resist.
We will discuss Smart Growth and Sustainable Development. These terms are meant to elicit images of a wonderful lifestyle in planning communities where everything is perfect. But is utopia achievable? What do these terms really mean from a practical perspective? How will you be impacted if you are a soccer mom, a commuter, a rancher or farmer, a business owner, an automobile or truck driver?
We will discuss what you can do, as a concerned citizen, to stop Plan Bay Area and the urbanization of your town.
When & Where
San Francisco Bay Area Citizen's Alliance for Property Rights (SF Bay CAPR) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization. We increase public awareness and understanding of property rights and land use regulatory issues. We are an IRS 501(c)3 corporation; contributions are generally deductible as charitable contributions on tax returns.
Key Objectives .
- Establish a single coordinated voice dedicated to preserving and protecting property rights
- Inform, educate and train citizens to raise awareness of local and regional property rights issues
- Advocate a unified voice to provide input to public policy formation processes at the local and regional level
- Promote legislation to preserve and protect property rights while opposing excessively burdensome legislation
- Reduce regulatory cost of living to ensure that our children will not be forced to move elsewhere to afford their own home