The 2013 Tricities Baconfest will be held at VENUE, Johnson City's premier special events facility, on Saturday September 7th. The event will include three time slots:
- All Ages from 12:00-3:00. where kids 10 & under are free (limit two per adult ticket). Each purchased ticket will get you a free commemorative Baconfest Cup, which can be filled with complimentary bacon strips. Attendees will get to taste all of the bacon infused dishes prepared by our food vendors or 'Pork Partners'. There will be children's activities such as face painting, etc. We will also crown our 2013 Little Miss Bacon Bit winner. Beer will be available for purchase by adults with a valid ID, but NO mixed drinks/specialty paired drinks will be available.
- V.I.P.: Our VIP's will enjoy private access to the event from 5:00-6:00 and will be 21 & up only. We will have specialty foods from area restaurants, Earth Fare, gourmet bacon from Benton's and specialty craft beer and alcohol pairings. VIP's will also have full access to the General Admission time slot from 6:30-9:30. VIP's also get a commemorative Tricities Baconfest Cup along with a swag bag full of cool stuff.
- General Admission 21 & Up from 6:30-9:30 in the evening: Our 21 & Up time slot will give you access to all of our Pork Partners, where each purchased ticket will get you a free commemorative Baconfest Cup. You will get to taste bacon-infused dishes from all of the Pork Partners as well as free bacon tastings!! We will host our Man Vs Bacon competition during this time. At the end of the event we will have live entertainment to end the night. Alcoholic beverages and beer will be available for purchase during this time.
During the event we will have 12 area restaurants and caterers serving samples of bacon infused dishes that they have created. This will all be included in the ticket price. We will also have several kids and adult activities such as the crowning of Little Miss Bacon-Bit, our annual Man Vs. Bacon eating competition and vote for the crowd's favorite dish, among others to be announced.
**EVENT UPDATE--Our 12 participating restaurants are:
- Blue Moon Dinner Theater
- Gourmet & Company
- Holy Taco Cantina
- Tipton St. Pub
- Stir Fry Group/One 12 Downtown
- The Battery
- Earth Fare
- Hokie Smokie
- Main St Pizza
- The Crazy Crepe Cafe
- Cake Buds
Since this is an indoor event, tickets will be very limited. Once they are sold out, there will NOT be more tickets available.
Tickets will be available as follows:
- All Ages 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- VIP Hour 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- 21 & Up 6:30pm - 9:30 pm
All Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE and admission times will be enforced according to the ticket type/purchase.
50% of the profits of the 2013 Tricities Baconfest will go to Special Spaces of the Tricities. Special Spaces is a non-profit organization that builds dream rooms and bedrooms for children with life-threatening illnesses. They were featured on the TV program Secret Millionaire and now have 33 chapters across the U.S. To find out more about Special Spaces go to www.specialspaces.org . We are hoping to raise enough money to build a dream room for a child in our area this fall.