Introduction to Facebook & Twitter
Wednesday, June 15 | 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. | Chicago
You are finally ready to jump in and see what everyone is talking about. In this introductory class, we’ll walk you through the two leading social networks—Facebook and Twitter. In 2 hours, you will learn how to:
• Understand how each social network works and what distinguishes them.
• Set up a profile on each social network.
• Find friends, family, colleagues and peers on each social network.
• Customize your privacy settings on each social network.
• Share links, photos and videos on each social network.
• Incorporate social media into your daily life.
So that we can jump right in together, you should have already registered accounts with Facebook abd Twitter.
While a wifi-enabled laptop is not required, we recommend that you bring one so that you can follow along with our presentation. We'll also be providing handouts and a link to our online tutorial as well.To ensure an intimate learning environment, the seminar is limited to 20 people.
Our seminars are designed and led by Tracy Samantha Schmidt, who also blogs about online marketing strategy at 435Digital.com. Previously, Tracy was the editorial director of ChicagoNow, the Tribune’s network of 350 blogs. She also taught several graduate-level classes on social media at DePaul University and has presented at conferences nationwide. Previously she reported for Time Magazine.
When & Where
Chicago Tribune - Trib Nation
For questions concerning this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-222-5192.