Treasures of the Orlop Deck: Small Craft Tour
After 50 years of collecting items related to Maine’s rich maritime heritage, Maine Maritime Museum now boasts a collection of over 140 small craft. From Batteau to Whitehalls, a Friendship sloop to N.C. Wyeth's vessel Eight Bells, the Museum's small craft collection highlights Maine-built boats of rare and unique designs. Tour our collection of small craft with one of our curatorial staff as your guide, while they share unique and exciting stories behind selected items. Each tour is unique, and you just never know what treasures you might see. Space is limited so register early.
Maine Maritime Museum
Maine Maritime Museum offers a myriad of opportunities to explore Maine’s maritime heritage and culture and to experience the mystique of Maine.
Visitors can find:
- -fascinating exhibits brimming with art and artifacts
- -contemporary, interactive areas for children and adults
- -an historic shipyard with five of the original 19th century buildings
- -a Victorian-era shipyard owners home
- -an active waterfront
- -a life-size sculptural representation of the largest wooden sailing vessel ever built
- -a scenic campus on the bank of the Kennebec River