Bay-Friendly Landscape Training & Qualification Program
for Maintaining Landscapes
SAN JOSE 2014
This training program, provided in four 6-hour sessions (24-hours of instruction) is taught by leading experts in soil-health, stormwater management, irrigation, water-wise plant selection and care, integrated pest management, and other sustainable maintenance practices.
Please note: To become a Bay Friendly Qualified Professional, and receive a final certification of completion, participants must attend all four sessions, totaling 24 hours, and pass the final practicum exam.
Classes meet the following dates and times in San Jose:
- Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, December 2, 2014 - 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, December 9, 2014 - 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
The course material provides landscape maintenance professionals with:
- Understanding of Bay-Friendly’s ecologically based, comprehensive approach to the management of public and private landscapes
- Knowledge of the effects of landscape maintenance practices on the health of our communities, watersheds and the San Francisco Bay
- Hands-on experience with practical, effective techniques such as sheet mulching to transform lawns into Bay-Friendly landscapes
- Understanding of the connections between soil health, waste management, water conservation, and air and water quality
- A competitive advantage in the professional landscape maintenance marketplace
- A certificate of qualification and patch with the Bay-Friendly Qualified Landscape Professional logo
- Graduates receive a two-year membership in the Bay-Friendly Qualified Professionals network, which includes free listing in the Bay Area-wide directory of Bay-Friendly Qualified Landscape Professionals and use of the Bay-Friendly logo to promote your sustainable landscape expertise.
PRESENTED BY THE BAY-FRIENDLY LANDSCAPING & GARDENING COALITION
and sponsored by the City of San Jose
When & Where
Bay-Friendly Landscaping & Gardening Coalition
The Bay-Friendly Landscaping & Gardening Coalition is a California nonprofit organization focused specifically on promoting sustainable landscaping and gardening practices in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our primary goal is to encourage behavior changes that lessen the impact of conventional landscape practices on the local environment by providing home gardeners, landscape professionals, and local governments with the necessary skills to create beautiful, healthy, and sustainable gardens, and landscapes.