Training for Transition - Humboldt
Friday, April 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM - Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM (PDT)
The Transition movement is a global network of hundreds of communities in 34 countries; a free, voluntary network of people taking positive, creative action to build community resilience as we face growing economic instability, rising energy costs, worsening social inequity and environmental crisis. The Transition model offers a positive, thoughtful, fun and effective way to respond and improve our quality of life.
Transition Training is being hosted by Transition Humboldt the weekend of April 26th – 28th. The event begins the evening with a Community Potluck at 5 pm with an overview presentation of the Transition movement presented by our trainers, Scott McKeown and Beverly Pitzer. At 7:00 pm, those who have registered will stay for the first session of the weekend training. Two continental breakfasts, Saturday lunch and evening reception are included in price. Free housing is available for out-of-town visitors. Some scholarships are available (info at www.TransitionHumboldt.org).
This participatory, 15-hour course describes how to catalyze, support and facilitate community transition and resilience with imaginative and inspiring ways to engage your community.
The Curriculum includes:
- Developing a clear understanding of the context for Transition Initiatives, the current global situation and the transformational possibilities that arise from climate change, the end of cheap oil and global economic instability.
- Understanding what the Transition model is – including an in-depth look at the 12 steps, from inspiration, setting up the initiating group, all the way to having active and effective working groups.
- Experiencing a joint visioning process.
- Understanding how to organize effective meetings such as public talks, open space days, and small theme working groups.
- Understanding the purpose and principles of an Energy Descent Action Plan.
- Develop the outline of an effective and inspiring talk on the Transition movement.
- Form useful contacts with other Transition Initiatives and individuals interested in the Transition model.
- Have a plan of action for themselves and their locality.
Transition U.S. (www.TransitionUS.org) is offering the “Training for Transition” course developed by the Transition Network (www.TransitionNetwork.org).
Instructors: Scott McKeown and Beverly Pitzer, certified Transition Trainers
Venue for training: The Link (a business incubator), 1385 8th Street, Arcata, Ca. 95521
Free housing is available for out-of-town visitors. Please call for reservations and information: Larry Goldberg (707) 845-7272; email@example.com
When & Where
Plan it Green
Transition Humboldt is a community organization working together on creating sustainable and resilient communities on the California Northcoast.
Our mission statement is: