San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Train the Trainer
Dates and Time: June 7 & 8, 8am-5pm
Location: Weber's Inn, Ann Arbor
Fees: $450 per registrant; includes fully interactive class, learning materials, and lunch to keep you sharp, healthy, and ready to hone your teaching skills!
Contact Information: if you have any additional questions regarding this class please contact classes[at]apicsdet.org
The APICS Train the Trainer course has been developed to introduce instructors to the basics of effective instruction. We will be exploring some tools that will help you effectively prepare to teach and will provide ideas on how to enhance lesson plans to increase your effectiveness in the classroom.
The course has been inspired by APICS instructors and leaders who understand the important role instructors play in the organization and by the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD), an association that provides criteria by which instructor success is measured.
Please note that this course is about the techniques of effective instruction and can be applied to any subject matter. This course is not designed to cover the instruction of any specific APICS body of knowledge topic.
Please Note: minimum requirements to attend this course include certification in the material (either CPIM or CSCP) and an active APICS membership
The objectives of this course include the following:
· Identify and effectively apply the basic elements of successful training and the four steps in the training process.
· Explain how clear learning objectives, lesson plans, and well-thought-out questions are an integral part of successful training.
· Describe how to effectively use media in a variety of training room layouts.
· Explain the role of learning styles, communication, and motivation in how learners learn.
· Explain the importance of preparation, execution, and evaluation for every presentation.
· Using learning objectives and lessons plans, present a ten-minute lesson that demonstrates how to motivate and communicate with learners in a variety of learning styles.
Instructor and Learner Agreements
Learning Insights and Action Items
2. Basics of Successful Training
Attributes of Successful Training
The Training Steps
3. Learning Objectives and Lesson Plans
The Lesson Plan
4. Media Basics
Structuring the Physical Environment
Using Media Effectively
5. Practice Instruction
6. Communication, Learning Styles, and Motivation
Stages of Interpersonal Communication
Components of Communication
7. Instructor Logistics
Lesson Plans as a Time Management Tool
APICS Instructor Development Program
8. Practice Instruction
When & Where
Greater Detroit Chapter of APICS
APICS was created in 1957 to respond to the challenges of rapid industrial growth and the technology explosion in production. Since that time APICS members have been at the forefront of management and manufacturing achievements as the use of material requirements planning (MRP), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and other dynamic manufacturing strategies continue to grow. APICS has set the standard in education and integrated resource management not only for manufacturing but more recently for distribution and service industries. APICS produces leading publications, holds international conferences and technical exhibits, and offers professional certification. APICS is an international organization with more then 60,000 individual and corporate members in 20,000 companies worldwide, APICS is dedicated to using education to improve the business bottom line.