Tracking & Nature Connection - Essentials, Fall 2014
Saturday, September 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM - Saturday, November 29, 2014 at 4:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In Tracking and Nature Connection Essentials (TNC – Essentials) you will explore the ancient art and science of animal tracking while honing your sensory awareness skills. Tracking skills and knowledge of wildlife form an essential practical base for all trackers. Practicing core routines of awareness will enable you to engage more fully with the landscape and to become more connected and awake to the life around us. When combined, these skills and practices develop our imagination and intuition, connecting us strongly to place and enriching all aspects of our lives.
Each class covers different skills and ventures into different ecologies where you will discover unique species and challenges. This series will introduce the essentials of tracking:
• Clear prints and foot morphology
• Gaits, body movements and energy states of wildlife
• Sign tracking and trailing in various substrates
• Animal behavior and survival strategies
• Ecological linking
• Bird language as the eyes and ears of the tracker.
Between classes, you will develop your skills at home with guided practices and connections with fellow trackers. The instructors will place the skill base of tracking within the bigger context of human cultures. You will learn how tracking can build bonds with individuals and entire communities.
Tracking is a skill and a way of being in nature that can take us into a richer relationship with the land, with all its abundance, wildlife, and interconnections. Tracking and Nature Connection can help you:
• Learn basic tracking skills with direct field experience
• Reclaim a skill that is part of human heritage
• Build awareness routines that strengthen your tracking skills over time
• Explore the complex ecologies of Marin County
• Nourish a deep, healing connection with the natural world.
Tracking enlivens your body and spirit as you become more aware of all the life surrounding us. Read More About this Course
Save This Event
When & Where
Regenerative Design Institute at Commonweal Garden
Commonweal Garden is a holistic permaculture center developed for the protection and enhancement of human and environmental health. We inspire and educate those seeking practical solutions, deep nature connection, and personal transformation to build a more sustainable world for generations to come.