TOURETTE SYNDROME-Breaking Down the Barriers Conference
Conference is for Teachers, Educators, Parents, Adults with TS, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Counselors, Doctors, Neurologists, Health Care Professionals, Nurse Practicioners and more.
CMEs and CEUs will be available!!!!!!!!!
Our goal with the conference is to break down the barriers that individuals with TS, OCD, and ADHD face at home, school and in social settings.
Come learn the latest and greatest from our team of professionals that will be presenting.
* Be inspired by the story of Brad Cohen!
* Learn the latest treatments from highly aclaimed Yale University's Dr. James Leckman
* Take in the newest ideas of CBIT (Cognative Behavior Therapy) from Texas A&M's Dr. Doug Woods
* Hear the educational strategies for the classroom from Sheryl Pruitt
* Advance your knowledge on the behaviors you are dealing with as Leslie Packer shares
Agenda for Conference on Saturday, February 8, 2014
8:00-8:30 Registration and Breakfast
8:30-9:30 Welcome, Brad Cohen Speaks
9:30-10:45 Dr. James Leckman, Yale University, Awareness
11:00-12:30 Sheryl Pruitt and Leslie Packer Educational Strategies and Impact of Behavior
1:30-2:30 Breakout Sessions (Preregister for sessions you want to attend when you register on-line)
1) Allison Vrolijk - IEP's, 504's and Parental Rights
2)Dr. Jorge Juncos, Dr. Nick Krawiecki, Dr. Howard Schub - Medical Topics with the Doctors
3) Sheryl Pruitt, Leslie Packer, Dan Pruitt, Darin Bush- Inside/Outside with storms, sleep, homwork and transitions to the real world
4) Lisa Terry and Mary Jane Trotti and Julie Schultheis- OCD Treatments
5) Gayle Born and Jim Trotti- Social Skills
2:30-2:45 Break with snacks
2:45-4:00 Dr. Doug Woods, Texas A&M University, CBIT (Cognative Behavioral Therapy)
4:00-5:00 Pannel of Q and A with the Doctors
Agenda for Dinner/Lecture on Friday, February 7, 2014
7:45-8:30 Dr. James Leckman Lecture on Tourette
8:30-9:15 Dr. Doug Woods Lecture on Tourette
* All those in attendance will receive a Hallmark Hall of Fame, Front of the Class, DVD.
*Cancelation Policy: In the event you need to cancel your registration, the following will take place: If done by Jan. 1st, 75% of registration will be refunded, If done by Feb. 1st, 50% of registration will be refunded, if done after Feb. 1st, no refund will be made.
You can always learn more at our website: www.tourettesyndromeconference.com
* If you'd like to learn more about corporate sponsorship opportunities, please let us know.
Conference Sponsored By:
Jeff and Hillary Cohen
Stephen and Marianne Garber Foundation Inc.
When & Where
The Brad Cohen Tourette Foundation, Inc.
We help support programing for children with Tourette syndrome.