San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Tour of Coast Composites
AIP Aerospace is the largest independent aerospace tooling group provider and one of the foremost suppliers of high temperature composite parts, critical components, aircraft structures, transparencies and coating technologies.
Coast Composites is among the leading suppliers of aerospace tooling for large, complex composite parts, such as large fuselage and wing skins.
Coast's core competencies center around the creation of tooling systems used to fabricate flight-critical composite structures used in the latest generation airframe manufacture. Focus is given to medium and very large tools. These systems include large fibre-placement mandrels, lay-up molds, mill fixtures and resin transfer molds.
On the large, long bed CNC gantry mills used at its main facility in Irvine, California, the company is achieving an unprecedented accuracy on even the longest wing skins.
So we can get an attendee list to the facility and print nametags, all registrations must be complete by 11:55pm on Tuesday, June 4.
- Non-US citizens are welcome, and will need to bring their passport.
- All attendees must bring a valid photo-id.
- No pictures can be taken inside the facility.
- The tour is limited to 40 people, and will be conducted in two 20-person groups.
- CHANGE: due to the facility and the danger of FOD, no food will be available.
- Bring a business card - they will be duplicated and everyone will get a copy of all attendees' cards.
- Attire is casual. No open-toed shoes.
- Because of the large number expected to attend, introductions will be minimal - your name, company, industry, and a 5 word "elevator speech". We encourage you to be creative!
- The meeting will consist of a presentation and a 1-hour tour. We expect the tour to end between 9:00am and 9:30am, but please be prepared to stay until 10:00am just in case.
- You are welcome to stay around and network after the tour.
When & Where
The Aerospace & Defense Forum
The Aerospace & Defense Forum is a global aerospace and defense leadership community of over 1000 with five chapters providing opportunities for sharing of information, current events, and analysis, mutual support and encouragement, partnering, innovation, and performance breakthroughs.