Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Statewide Issues Conference
Saturday, February 15th, 2014, 10am to 4pm
Shiloh Baptist Church, Baton Rouge, LA
A statewide gathering of faith and community from across our State for analysis and education on key that will be dealt with in the 2014 legislative session.
Speakers and Presenters Include:
- Mr. John Barry, renowned historian and leading figure behind a wetlands-related lawsuit, on the Wetlands and the Environment in Louisiana.
- Mr. David Hood, former LA Sec of Health and Hospitals, on Healthcare and Medicaid Expansion.
- Judge Fredericka "Ricky" Wicker, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal and LA Sentencing Commission, on Mass Incarceration in Louisiana.
- Mr. Jan Moller, Louisiana Budget, on the State Budget and its Tax Giveaways.
- Dr. John Anderson, Faculty Senate President at the Univ. of LA at Monroe, on Higher Ed Funding.
- General Russel Honore on the role of citizen leadership at this moment in our state.
"Civic Academies" Covering:
- Payday Lending in Louisiana
- Our State Budget and its Tax Giveaways
- Crime & Mass Incarceration in Louisiana
- Healthcare, the Uninsured & Medicaid Expansion
- Higher Education Funding in Louisiana
- Work, Wages & Economic Inequality in Louisiana
- The Wetlands & Environmental Issues in Louisiana
When & Where
Together Louisiana is a statewide network of more than 200 religious congregations and citizens' organizations across Louisiana, representing 200,000 people. We seek to be a voice for citizens across our state, research issues and taking action to improve the quality of life for all Louisiana residents.