Together for Adoption Boot Camp (April 20-21)
Friday, April 20, 2012 at 1:00 PM - Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM (EDT)
Greenville, United States
Join us April 20-21 in Greenville (SC) for our first Together for Adoption Boot Camp. Our T4A Boot Camp is an intensive two-day event designed for Christians and ministry leaders who desire to journey further into the transformative theology of adoption (i.e. God's work of adoption within redemptive-history). You will spend valuable time with Together for Adoption’s leaders, be taught by other pastors/theologians, and have the opportunity to learn from respected leaders from orphan prevention, adoption, global orphan and foster care organizations. Our boot camp sessions will equip you with a robust theology of adoption and, if you choose, certify you to organize and lead Together for Adoption House Conferences in your area of the country.
The purpose of our boot camp is to provide gospel-centered teaching that magnifies the adopting grace of God the Father in Christ Jesus and mobilizes the church for global orphan care.
There is no registration fee to participate in a Together for Adoption Boot Camp, although you are responsible for all of your travel, lodging and meal expenses. When you register for a boot camp, we will provide you with a list of area hotels.
Registration is limited to fifty people. Early registration is recommended.
The training will be conducted in three phases:
Phase I – Pre-boot camp Coursework (reading assignments)
Phase II – Two Day On-site Intensive Training
Phase III – Post-training Follow up
Boot Camp Objectives
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the role that adoption plays within redemptive-history.
- Understand adoption’s Trinitarian backdrop.
- Be able to discuss intelligently both sides of controversial doctrinal issues related to the emergence of the theology of adoption within the evangelical orphan care movement.
- Be able to communicate the relevance of the theology of adoption for daily Christian living and its implications for global orphan care.
Pre-Boot Camp Readings
- Reclaiming Adoption: Missional Living Through the Rediscovery of Abba Father (Purchase at Cruciform Press)
- Children of the Living God by Sinclair Ferguson (Purchase at Amazon.com)
- Heirs with Christ: The Puritans on Adoption by Joel R. Beeke (Purchase at Reformation Heritage Books)
- Various other readings as provided.
Course Time: Friday: 1:00 - 8:45 PM; Saturday: 9:00 AM - 3:45 PM
Course Cost: There is no registration fee. Boot camp attendees are only responsible for travel, lodging and offsite meals.
1:00 PM — Welcome
1:15 – 2:15 PM — Session 1: Why Study the Theology of Adoption
2:15 - 2:30 PM — Break
2:30 - 3:45 PM — Session 2: The Heart of Adoption within the Story of Redemption
3:45 - 4:00 PM — Break
4:00 - 5:15 PM — Session 3: A Trinitarian Theology of Adoption
5:15 - 7:00 PM — Offsite Dinner
7:30 - 8:45 PM — Session 4: Adoption Before Time
9:00 - 10:15 AM — Session 5: Adoption in the Present Time
10:15 - 10:30 AM — Break
10:30 - 11:45 AM — Session 6: Adoption at the “End” of Time
11:45 - 1:00 PM — Offsite Lunch
1:00 - 2:15 PM — Session 7: The Theology of Adoption for the Orphan | Q & A
2:15 - 2:30 PM — Break
2:30 - 3:45 PM — Session 8: Communicating a Compelling Theology of Adoption
Hotels within walking distance of Downtown Presbyterian Church