Time Lapse from Start to Finish with Jeff Frost
In this night location workshop instructor, Jeff Frost, will take you through every stage of producing a time lapse video starting with the basics of interval shooting. Students will set up their own cameras to shoot time lapse sequences from a penthouse rooftop in downtown Los Angeles! Following that, Jeff will cover batch processing and exporting of images in Adobe Lightroom. Then the time lapse sequences, including student material, will be edited in Adobe Premiere as video and given a soundtrack. You will walk away with a thorough understanding of the workflow required to make professional time lapses, but perhaps even more exciting: you will also take part in the creation of a time lapse film you can take with you.
Students, an email with location and parking info will be sent 48 hours prior.
Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced: Attendees should know most functions of their camera, be able to operate their camera in manual mode, and have basic understanding of photography concepts (light, composition, depth of field).
What to bring:
- Bring your DSLR, with charged batteries and extra memory cards. There was bit of a mis-communication about lenses. Please bring whatever lens you have. A fast (2.8 f-stop or lower) wide angle fixed or zoom lens is suggested but not required.
Feel free to bring additional cameras if you have them. We will have full use of the deck and you can have multiple set-ups.
- Also bring your tripod(s) and intervalometer or remote triggering device if you have one. (some cameras have internal interval timers and remotes are not necessary.) A small flashlight or pen light would also be a good idea.
- Be comfortable with manipulating your shutters speeds, aperture, and ISO, to quickly achieve a target exposure.
- We will be outside on a rooftop deck most of the evening, please wear comfortable weather appropriate clothing.
- A quick dinner, drinks and coffee will also be provided, if you have any special dietary needs please provide your own food.
Check out the new Samy’s EDU blog http://samysedu.com/
Jeff Frost is an amazing talent in the world of fine art time lapse. He produces conceptual pieces of multi disipline work that often include painting as well as photography. He opened the 2012 Palm Springs Photo Festival and was a featured speaker at this years PhotoLA.
Have questions about Time Lapse Night Photography Workshop Downtown LA?
Contact Samys Photo School Los Angeles