Third Ward Planting Day
Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Love where you live? Help us make it even better...
Third Ward Beautification
Tree Planting & Landscaping
Saturday, March 29th
9am – 1pm(Shift 1)
12pm – 4pm(Shift 2)
Meet at Mount Moriah Baptist Church
at West 4th Street and Cedar Street
Thanks to donations from our neighbors and a Neighborhood Matching Grant from the City, we have 14 new trees and hundreds of decorative plants and flowers to plant along the streets of our neighborhood. Please come help us get them into the ground before the spring rains.
We’ll Provide: Plants, tools, water, lunch, and a chance to get to know your neighbors
You Bring: A water bottle and a pair of gardening or work gloves.
Light rain is great for new plants, so please dress for the weather.
Questions? Contact Gaile at firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Despite the forecast earlier this week, the chance of showers and thunderstorms on Saturday morning keeps inching up… In case of bad weather, here is the game plan:
- We’ll meet as planned at 9:00am. It looks like showers and thunderstorms are likely but scattered, so there is a good chance that we can get a lot of plants in the ground in the first few hours. Please bring a raincoat – if it showers lightly but briefly we will not cancel. Light rain is wonderful for new plants!
- If it starts thundering or raining hard, we will shelter in the church. We’ll wait it out (what better chance to meet a new neighbor?) or pack up and re-schedule.
If it is thundering and pouring at 9am with no chance of a stopping, we will re-schedule. Willie, Gaile and I will be at the church regardless and those who come despite the rain can visit over coffee, and make sure we have their contact information so we can share the re-scheduled planting date.
If you have any questions tomorrow, call me or Gaile or Willie:
- Gaile’s cell: 704-763-3957
- Willie’s cell: 704-691-4815
- Megan’s cell: 704-363-0792
Thanks for your help with this great project, and hope to see you tomorrow!
-- Megan, Gaile & Willie
Megan Liddle Gude
Director of Uptown Neighborhoods
Charlotte Center City Partners
P 704-332-9584 | C 704-363-0792
charlottecentercity.org | findyourcenter.com