Time: 9:00 am - 18:00 pm 15 Nov (registration: 8:00 am -10:30 am)
Venue: Institue of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: 6th Kexueyuan South Road, Zhongguancun, Haidian Distinct, Beijing.
时间：11月15日 上午9:00 - 下午18:00 （早上8:00-10:30为注册时间）
Hadoop in China (www.hadooper.cn) is a nonprofit organization, and holds free discussion forums on Hadoop related technologies and ideas.
About five months ago, in May 2009, we successfully concluded the second hadoop event in Beijing. About 150 people (38% from universities and institutes, 46% from industrial) have attended the second event. To support the growing worldwide Hadoop community, we are happy to announce Hadoop World: Beijing 2009 to be held in Beijing on November 15th, 2009.
We are hoping to bring a much larger audience together this time, and are grateful to Yahoo! and Cloudera for providing sponsorship to help with technologies and expenses.
Cloudera will also offer Hadoop training for developers – both basic and advanced - on the two days following the event (November 16/17). You can get full details and register here: http://bit.ly/1RvHNX
Cloudera 也会借此机会在会后提供为期2天的培训（11月16-17号）－包含基本的和高级的。如果您想要为培训支付现金或者其它手段支付，以及发票等问题可以直接发信到training@cloudera.com - 两天培训的价格是每人 3500RMB。Register: http://bit.ly/1RvHNX
The program will focus on three topics of interest to Hadoop users, Hadoop developers, researchers, and academics.
Areas we plan to cover include:
Developers and Administrators:
- Core Hadoop: Areas for Development, Major Upcoming Contributions, Functional Deep Dives
- Projects based on Hadoop: subprojects and related projects, including Hive, Avro, Pig, HBase, Cascading etc.
- Administration: Large Cluster Overviews, Performance Tips, Resource Management, High Availability
- Developer: IDEs, QA Best Practices, Sharing Code / Data / Clusters, Higher Level Abstractions
We welcome all related research topics. There will be a whole session tracking research topics.
- Lessons from the Web: What can traditional industries learn from companies with web scale data?
- Industry Case Studies: Finance, Telecom / Utilities, Retail, Biotech, etc.
- Integration with Existing Systems: Databases, BI Tools, Message Buses and other Infrastructure
- New Ideas / Applications: Big Ideas for Hadoop
- Hosted Solutions: Hadoop and the Cloud
Please submit your proposals no later that Sep 21st, 2009.
Secretary email: email@example.com
Yahoo! , Cloudera
If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please contact the organizers no later than September 21st.
When & Where
Hadoop in China
Hadoop in China (www.hadooper.cn) is a nonprofit organization, and holds discussion forums on Hadoop related technologies and ideas.